COMPLETE Il fantasma di Canterville by Oscar Wilde - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Marzia ancora una osservazione:
Dì a tutti che bisogna fare molta attenzione nello spelling del nome del file da caricare:
Ad esempio in quello di Massimo manca una "l" nel nome canterville e in quello di Giada manca una parte.
la cosa può creare problemi nella fase finale di pubblicazione e anche nella fase di correzioni perché, come ho già spiegato, una volta che il file la prima volta è inserito nella MW i successivi caricamenti di files con lo stesso nome sostituiscono automaticamente quello della MW, aggiornandolo. Ma se il nome del file è diverso, l'aggiornamento non avviene
Pier
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Iunta4Ios wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am Marzia ancora una osservazione:
Dì a tutti che bisogna fare molta attenzione nello spelling del nome del file da caricare:
Ad esempio in quello di Massimo manca una "l" nel nome canterville e in quello di Giada manca una parte.
la cosa può creare problemi nella fase finale di pubblicazione e anche nella fase di correzioni perché, come ho già spiegato, una volta che il file la prima volta è inserito nella MW i successivi caricamenti di files con lo stesso nome sostituiscono automaticamente quello della MW, aggiornandolo. Ma se il nome del file è diverso, l'aggiornamento non avviene
Pier
Quello di Giada può essere corretto da Rapunzelina o Giada deve ricaricarlo?
Quello di Massimo (che però è Salvatore... :lol: ) lo correggiamo prima di ricaricarlo
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I can fix filenames when cataloguing, but it is very important that the correct file is linked in the magic window, even if it's misspelled. So if a second file is uploaded with a different name, please also update the link in the magic window.

Basically, whenever a file is uploaded, the link should be added in the magic window by the Book Coordinator, then the Proof Listener should download from the Magic Window to make sure the link works and leads to the correct file.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

LaMolly wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:49 am
Iunta4Ios wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am Marzia ancora una osservazione:
Pier
Quello di Giada può essere corretto da Rapunzelina o Giada deve ricaricarlo?
Quello di Massimo (che però è Salvatore... :lol: ) lo correggiamo prima di ricaricarlo
I think Giada's filename can be perfectly corrected by Rapunzelina. I precise that the link present now on the MW is addressing to the correct file (even if just the name is incorrect),
Porgo le "massime" scuse a Salvatore per la confusione nel nome :lol: e aspetto che ricarichiate il file.

Pier

PS:
Do you need any help for Rosy's files?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Are the reader's going to do the edits on the three remaining sections or shall we prepare for cataloguing?

Would you give me a short summary for your project?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Rapunzelina wrote: December 28th, 2020, 3:01 am Are the reader's going to do the edits on the three remaining sections or shall we prepare for cataloguing?

Would you give me a short summary for your project?
Rapunzelina, Marzia,
resuming the situation of the pending sections in my opinion:

• Section 2:RosyS has to correct two points (the first two listed in my notes; all the others can be overlooked) in her recording and increase the volume.
So she has to reload the file with the two corrections; in case the volume is still two low you can adjust it.

• Section 12: All notes for corrections are not indispensable. So the file can be left as it is , but the volume has to be increased by you.

• Section 3. In the MW at present there is the last uploaded file wich is not the correct file. Probably it is, by mistake, the one minute test.
The penultimate loaded text (that I have saved on my PC) has the volume too high (it could be adjusted by you) and my following remarks (The first two remarks should be corrected.):

Inoltre ho ascoltato la sezione ( penultimo invio) e ho queste osservazioni:
Massimo, buona lettura!
Per gli aspetti tecnici ho già scritto a Marzia.
Però anche alcune correzioni al testo sono necessarie:
- In particolare a 10:10 m della tua lettura manca la parola “tutto” tra “un quarto” e era tornato”.
- A 3:50 viene a mancare la voce per un tratto attorno alla parola “nella più completa oscurità”
Almeno questi due punti andrebbero corretti.

Altre osservazioni sulle quali però si può sorvolare, per cui non è strettamente necessaria una correzione:
- Nella prima parte incespichi un po’ sulla parola caleidoscopio. Situazioni analoghe più aventi.
- A 3:42 leggi “svanì nella nebbia” mentre il testo è “come nebbia”
- A 7:22 mi sembra che tu legga “scuotevano” invece di scuoteva”
- A 9:02 si sente un rumore che si sovrappone alla lettura
- A 13:14 mi sembra che tu legga “andarsene a letto” anziché “andare a letto”
Come già detto ad altri per le correzioni bisogna intervenire solo nel breve tratto del file di Audacity interessato e assolutamente non rifare tutta la registrazione,

Pier.
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Pier, Rapunzelina,
I've just asked Rossella and Salvatore (not Massimo, :P ) to complete their Chapters within the end of the year.
With Salvatore we did almost all the work together, he has just to correct the two reading errors and upload again the file.

I'll update you as soon as they will answer me.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Marzia! Could you write a short summary/description for your project to have for the catalogue?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Rapunzelina wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:49 am Thank you, Marzia! Could you write a short summary/description for your project to have for the catalogue?
Just a question: In what language? Better in Italian, since it is read in Italian?
Pier.
Ps. Marzia,
I suppose you will do it, but let me know otherwise.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Better in Italian, or Italian and English if it's not too much trouble. Or in Italian the main summary, and in English a summary of the summary :lol:
I expect Marcia may want to mention in the summary that this is a special project, for their Day of Caring, etc, but that is optional. :D
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Rapunzelina wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:23 am Better in Italian, or Italian and English if it's not too much trouble. Or in Italian the main summary, and in English a summary of the summary :lol:
I expect Marcia may want to mention in the summary that this is a special project, for their Day of Caring, etc, but that is optional. :D
Hi Rapunzelina,
do you mean something like this?

The Canterville Ghost
Oscar WILDE (1854 - 1900)

The American Minister and his family have bought the English stately home Canterville Chase, complete with the ghost of Sir Simon de Canterville - blood-stains, clanking chains and all. But these modern Americans will have no truck with ghostly goings-on, and set out to beat the spectre at his own game.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes, I mean the summary that goes on the catalogue page of the project.
aleoni

Post by aleoni »

Messaggio inviato per conto di Salvatore. Ha corretto la sua sezione e ha fatto l'upload

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ilfantasmadicantervilleeildelittodilordsaville_10_wilde_128kb.mp3
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

aleoni wrote: December 31st, 2020, 3:20 am Messaggio inviato per conto di Salvatore. Ha corretto la sua sezione e ha fatto l'upload

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ilfantasmadicantervilleeildelittodilordsaville_10_wilde_128kb.mp3
Ottimo, controllo questo pomeriggio.
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

aleoni wrote: December 31st, 2020, 3:20 am Messaggio inviato per conto di Salvatore. Ha corretto la sua sezione e ha fatto l'upload

Molto bene, tutte le correzioni vanno benissimo :clap: , Il volume del file in checker risulta appena per un pelo al di sotto del limite (85,9 dB invece di 86 Db) ma penso vada bene lo stesso: lascio a Rapunzelina di valutare se vuole alzarlo lei leggermente.

C'è invece un problema nel nome del file (.....//librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ilfantasmadicantervilleeildelittodilordsaville_10_wilde_128kb.mp3) in quanto il numero della sezione dovrebbe essere 03 e non 10 ( la sez. 10 è il capitolo 3 del delitto di lord Savile)
Fortunatamente (da questo punto di vista) il vero file 3 di Giada 84 riporta a sua volta un nome di file errato( ...//librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ildelittodilordsavile_10_wilde_128kb.mp3) in cui manca la parte "...il fantasma di Canterville..". Dico fortunatamente perché altrimenti il file che hai caricato col numero 10 avrebbe sostituito il file di Giada nella MW. Infatti quando si carica un nuovo file col nome di un file già presente nella MW quest'ultimo file annulla e sostituisce il precedente! Per questo è molto importante fare attenzione ad indicare sempre il nome corretto del file che si carica.
Credo che possa comunque sistemare tutto Rapunzelina come MC (MetaCoordinator) senza necessità di ulteriori vostri interventi. Per maggior chiarezza traduco anche in inglese questo post e chiedo a Rapunzelina se occorre che tu o io facciamo ancora qualcosa in proposito. Non ho ancora indicato PL O.K. nella Mw per via del problema del nome del file.
Grazie ancora a te, a Salvatore e a Rapunzelina.
Pier

Very well, all the corrections are fine, The volume of the file in Checker is just slightly below the limit (85.9 dB instead of 86 Db) but I think that's fine: I leave it to Rapunzelina to evaluate if she wants to raise it she slightly.

There is instead a problem in the file name (.....//librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ilfantasmadicantervilleeildelittodilordsaville_10_wilde_128kb.mp3) as the section number should be 03 and not 10 (section 10 is the chapter 3 of the crime of Lord Savile)
Fortunately (from this point of view) the real file 3 of Giada 84 in turn reports an incorrect file name (... // librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ildelittodilordsavile_10_wilde_128kb.mp3) in which the part ".the ghost of Canterville .. “ is missing. I say fortunately because otherwise the file you uploaded with the number 10 would have replaced the file of Giada in the MW. In fact when you load a new file with the name of a file already present in the MW this last file cancels and replaces the previous one! For this reason it is very important to be careful to always indicate the correct name of the file being uploaded.
I believe Rapunzelina as MC (MetaCoordinator) can still fix everything without any further intervention from you. For the sake of clarity, I translate this post into English as well and ask Rapunzelina if you or I need to do something more about it. I have not yet indicated PL O.K. in MW due to the file name problem.
Thanks again to you, Salvatore and Rapunzelina.
Pier