'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank-you for reading Lizzie Monmouth's book on Librivox. I appreciated the information contained within the book. I could relate to Mrs. Monmouth's cold house and knitting, as I suffered extended unemployment and used my hand knitted accessories to stay warm. Your reading was very pleasant. Thanks again for taking the time to read this book aloud. https://librivox.org/living-on-half-a-dime-a-day-by-sarah-elizabeth-harper-monmouth/

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Epachuko (Epachuko) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Buenos días.

Es un placer emitir este agradecimiento para tí Epachuko por el Audiolibro Fortunata y Jacinta. Gracias a ti he podido complementar mis paseos con una escucha de cultura. Tu lectura es super correcta.

Gracias también a todo el componente humano de librivox por mantener la estructura y la dedicación.

Recibid un cordial saludo. José Luis. Talavera , Toledo.

All of Epachuko's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dgf (David Federman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to David Federman for his reading of A Canadian Folk Song - it is perfect - rich and sincere and clear and gives the poem dignity and relevance!!!
https://librivox.org/a-canadian-folk-song-by-william-wilfred-campbell/

I made it into a youtube video with imagery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB1KKgaFmSk
A Canadian Folksong - Winter Tea

Please share my thanks
From Carolyn

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed your reading of Ravensdene Court by J. S. Fletcher. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

David

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a note of encouragement.
Devorah Allen, who could have read "Malcolm" better? I am waiting (mostly patiently) for "Marquis".

I pray that you enjoy this work!

Thank you!
Don
Wisconsin, USA

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Bruce,

Your rendition of The Brothers Karamazov opened up and new world for me & I feel it is a book that will live with me for many years to come. I am dyslexic and had attempted this book on two prior occasions but could never get past the scene in the monastery about 100 pages in! I found listening to the audio book as I read so helpful & I am particularly grateful to have found your wonderful reading. Thank you for all the time you put into it - you truly brought the book to life.

I hope you are keeping well in these difficult times.

Best wishes,

Lauren

All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ken Theriot (Ken Theriot)from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened to you read Charles Dickens's Mr. Minn and His Cousin from Sketches of Boz.

Your voice talent made a very humorous story all the better.
Thank you so much for contributing.

All of Ken's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jennlea (Jenn Broda) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Listening to your reading of The Woman in the Alcove (Version 2) was a sheer delight: thank you so much and best wishes from Jonathan in the UK.

All of Jenn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Ken Theriot

Post by Ken Theriot »

icequeen wrote: December 9th, 2020, 9:21 pm Praise received for Ken Theriot (Ken Theriot)from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened to you read Charles Dickens's Mr. Minn and His Cousin from Sketches of Boz.

Your voice talent made a very humorous story all the better.
Thank you so much for contributing.

All of Ken's recordings!
Thanks!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

icequeen wrote: December 9th, 2020, 8:44 pm Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you TriciaG for the reading of David Ransom's Watch. I really enjoyed the story, and your reading is clear and distinct and easy to understand which is a real advantage for one like myself whose hearing is not first rate. Author "Pansy" is a new one for me, and the story plot and theme was intriguing, The thread of reference to missions - home and foreign - was of particular interest. It was many years ago that I volunteered to spend a summer at the Central Alaskan Missions, then located in Glennallen, assisting with a construction project. The mission outreach included pastoral work in various remote villages among white and native peoples, a Christian radio station, a Bible college, and a small hospital that served an area about equal in size to the entire state of Ohio. There I met a short term volunteer nurse from New Jersey, and earlier this year we celebrated our fiftieth wedding anniversary.

So thank you for the enjoyable hours I spent listening to your reading while completing our new home - a cabin in Colorado's mountains. I will look forward to finding other of your librivox readings.

Rob
Del Norte, Colorado
and...
Hello Tricia G,
We just wanted to say thank you for all the time and effort you have put into the Isabella Alden stories you have read. We are looking forward to the new one you are almost done with. My daughters want to make a special request for some Ruth Livingston Hill recordings, and some Grace Livingston Hill (if there are any that are not so romancy) I would enjoy to hear some Marcia Livingston if you can find any longer selections.

The Ester Ried series, Mag and Margaret, 87, and Yesterday Framed in Today are our favorites,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to listen to stories that encourage us in Christ-like character, we appreciate it.

Blessed in WI
All of TriciaG's recordings!
Thank you to both of you! :9: Specifically to "Blessed in WI" - I'll try, but I find with my husband working from home during Covid, I have less time and a less comfortable place to record, so I'm finding it more of a challenge. I'll keep plugging away at the recordings, though! :) Ruth Livingston Hill's works are still under copyright. I'll see if I can find any Marcia Livingston (aka Mrs. C. M. Livingston) to add to my long "to do" list.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

icequeen wrote: December 9th, 2020, 9:00 pm Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank-you for reading Lizzie Monmouth's book on Librivox. I appreciated the information contained within the book. I could relate to Mrs. Monmouth's cold house and knitting, as I suffered extended unemployment and used my hand knitted accessories to stay warm. Your reading was very pleasant. Thanks again for taking the time to read this book aloud. https://librivox.org/living-on-half-a-dime-a-day-by-sarah-elizabeth-harper-monmouth/

All of Sue's recordings!
Hello! Lizzie Monmouth (1829-1887) was a courageous and resourceful person. I think you must be like that too! Thank you for writing! :D
Best wishes,
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

icequeen wrote: November 26th, 2015, 9:40 pm Praise received for sherry (Sherry Crowther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your wonderful reading of Emma. You have a voice that is very easy to listen to and you did a marvelous job with the rich Austen verbiage! I thoroughly enjoyed listening.

Thank you, Lee Ann
All of Sherry's recordings!
I hope this is the right way to express admiration and gratitude to Sherry Crowther for reading Emma by Jane Austin?
This book started my acquaintance with this site and, I hope, this pleasant experience - for a long time!
The extremely pleasant and mesmerizing voice of Sherry Crowther, which perfectly works out various passages, emotions, and so on, perfectly suits my handwork.
Thanks and all the best!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

HandmadePSK wrote: December 11th, 2020, 8:26 pm
icequeen wrote: November 26th, 2015, 9:40 pm Praise received for sherry (Sherry Crowther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your wonderful reading of Emma. You have a voice that is very easy to listen to and you did a marvelous job with the rich Austen verbiage! I thoroughly enjoyed listening.

Thank you, Lee Ann
All of Sherry's recordings!
I hope this is the right way to express admiration and gratitude to Sherry Crowther for reading Emma by Jane Austin?
This book started my acquaintance with this site and, I hope, this pleasant experience - for a long time!
The extremely pleasant and mesmerizing voice of Sherry Crowther, which perfectly works out various passages, emotions, and so on, perfectly suits my handwork.
Thanks and all the best!
It is! I will PM Sherry and let her know that she has a note from you! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

lezer wrote: February 26th, 2011, 2:07 pm Praise for the readers of Lady Susan: kristin, rachelellen, Patrick Beverley, Robert Scott, Caeristhiona, Jestermedia, Gesine, kayray, Jazbees via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I have recently downloaded for the first time an audio book. Lady Susan by Jane Austen.
As I do not speak English very fluently (I live in Belgium and am only 17 years old) I thought it would be a good idea to work on my accent.
I have to admit I really enjoyed it. Firstly, I liked listening to the different readers. Some variation is always a good thing.
And secondly I could really hear the enthusiasm of the readers. I’d like to congratulate them, they really did an amazing job.
Lady Susan Vernon – Kristin Hughes

Mrs. Vernon – rachelellen

Mr. De Courcy – Patrick Beverley

Mrs. Johnson – Kirsten Ferreri

Sir Reginald De Courcy – Simon Taylor

Lady De Courcy – Gesine

Miss Vernon – Kara Shallenberg

Narrator of the Conclusion – Justin Barrett

Intros/outros – Robert Scott
Greetings, Manon V
http://librivox.org/lady-susan-by-jane-austen/
Hello! Yes, our English is also far from perfect and while working we often listen to audio recordings - primarily to improve our language skills. But this was one of those times when listening was a real pleasure! Thank you all and all the good fellows! It is unlikely that it will be possible to determine who of readers exactly liked the most. Obviously they all put their heart and soul into this glorious record!
Thank you all and good luck! :thumbs:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello! I am pleased to have recently downloaded and listened to the series "Aesop fables" read by user ChipDoc. It is a pity that his profile seems to be abandoned, since he was last active October 11th, 2006, 1:46 pm. But he left a great legacy here, the recording from 2010 is a cheerful and pleasant voice. It was a revelation for me how short "Aesop fables" are. Sometimes the tale itself is shorter than the afterword and preface. But, of course, this does not make the reader's work any less valuable.
Thanks to ChipDoc, wherever he is and whatever he is doing now! :clap: