[COMPLETE] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, a PL of your own work doesn't cut it. :) I can do it for you this evening.
Devorah Allen
Out of town May 27-June 2.

Readers wanted for:
A Cabinet of Gems, Sir Philip Sidney and George MacDonald
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

mightyfelix wrote: November 19th, 2020, 7:01 am Yes, a PL of your own work doesn't cut it. :) I can do it for you this evening.
Thank you! :)
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

SkyRider:
I don't know what's going on in the 'magic window' but it APPEARS that the 'Thief's Tale" has been assigned twice. I added to the end of the Eighth Constables History (which I am still...tweaking) as you instructed, but I see a note in the Ninth Constable's History to add it as a 'preface' to that file. It's only a page or so, but please advise if I should chop it off mine, as I'm sure we don't want it read twice.
Thanks,
Brize
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SkyRider wrote: November 19th, 2020, 4:11 am Would someone be willing to PL the dedication of this, please? It feels too much like marking my own homework to do it myself!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_00_anonymous_128kb.mp3
1m16s

Cheers,
Paul
Sorry that I forgot to get to this last night. I remembered it right after I shut down my computer for the night. But I got it now. It is short and sweet, and totally PL ok!
Devorah Allen

Readers wanted for:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

BrizeCrize wrote: November 20th, 2020, 9:48 am SkyRider:
I don't know what's going on in the 'magic window' but it APPEARS that the 'Thief's Tale" has been assigned twice. I added to the end of the Eighth Constables History (which I am still...tweaking) as you instructed, but I see a note in the Ninth Constable's History to add it as a 'preface' to that file. It's only a page or so, but please advise if I should chop it off mine, as I'm sure we don't want it read twice.
Thanks,
Brize
:hmm: I suspect that this is an error, based on this statement:
SkyRider wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:13 am I've been including these with the previous section so for consistency this should go with the Eighth Constable. Brize - are you willing to pick this up as part of section 8, please?

Cheers,
Paul
Paul, can you confirm, please?
Devorah Allen

Readers wanted for:
fluffypinka

Post by fluffypinka »

Hi everyone~!

I have recorded section 18.
Here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_18_anonymous_128kb.mp3

The file duration is 17:45.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm

(...)

I suspect that that's exactly what happened, though I wonder why I prepended it to section 9 when all the others were appended to their preceding sections - I didn't keep any notes on that. I'll read through and check if it sits better with one rather than the other, but if there's no obvious answer it looks less disruptive to keep it with 9.

Sorry, all. :oops:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 6:10 pm It is short and sweet, and totally PL ok!
Thank you!
songstress4life

Post by songstress4life »

Hello, I would be interested in doing 47. It's been a while since I recorded anything so let me know if you'd like me to do another minute test first.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Well, having looked I think the best solution is to stay consistent with what's gone before and include the Theif's Tale with section 8. I haven't made any record of why I put it with 9 - perhaps it was trying to balance the lengths. I'll correct the MW accordingly.

The reader for section 9 hasn't yet finished their 1-minute test and hasn't logged in for over a month, so I suspect section 9 may have been abandoned but I'll leave it the full two months before declaring it as such. I'll PM him anyway just in case.

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:34 am
mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm

(...)

I suspect that that's exactly what happened, though I wonder why I prepended it to section 9 when all the others were appended to their preceding sections - I didn't keep any notes on that. I'll read through and check if it sits better with one rather than the other, but if there's no obvious answer it looks less disruptive to keep it with 9.

Sorry, all. :oops:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

fluffypinka wrote: November 21st, 2020, 2:14 pm
I have recorded section 18.
Here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_18_anonymous_128kb.mp3

The file duration is 17:45.
Thank you! It's a great reading! :clap:

One small thing - we want to finish each file with about five seconds of silence. Could I ask you to copy/paste this to the end of the file and re-upload it please?

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

songstress4life wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 3:12 pm Hello, I would be interested in doing 47. It's been a while since I recorded anything so let me know if you'd like me to do another minute test first.
Section 47 is all yours. Don't worry about another test - if you know you can produce a compliant audio file I'm not overly troubled if it takes a couple of iterations to get there.
songstress4life

Post by songstress4life »

simba

Post by simba »

Hi all

I'd like to claim section 1 if possible?
My photography https://sim.photos
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Uploaded is section 8, The Eighth Constables History (Incl. The Thief's Tale) - runtime 18:58

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_08_anonymous_128kb.mp3

I would also like to sign up for section 25, The One Hundred and Ninety Eighth Night.

Thanks,
Brize