[COMPLETE] The Philosophy of Immanuel Kant by A.D. Lindsay - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hi!!
I don't see a DPL for the project so I could do it, if the option is available.
Thanks
-SS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, this is set up. I've changed the "author" of the first post, so you can now go in and edit it if you want.

As you're the soloist, you're in charge of updating the Magic Window. :)

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here: Instructions for Soloists

Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

---

Section 1 had PL Notes, here: viewtopic.php?p=1664920#p1664920
I didn't confirm what is meant by "double recording". If it's overlapping audio, that can't really be fixed, so you can either choose to use your own voice to fix that spot, or ditch the recording altogether and record the whole thing yourself. (Usually on abandoned solos we want the files used, but if it's irreparable, we have little choice.)

shreyasethi - I've put you in as DPL. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

TriciaG wrote: August 26th, 2020, 5:38 am OK, this is set up. I've changed the "author" of the first post, so you can now go in and edit it if you want.

As you're the soloist, you're in charge of updating the Magic Window. :)

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here: Instructions for Soloists

Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

---

Section 1 had PL Notes, here: viewtopic.php?p=1664920#p1664920
I didn't confirm what is meant by "double recording". If it's overlapping audio, that can't really be fixed, so you can either choose to use your own voice to fix that spot, or ditch the recording altogether and record the whole thing yourself. (Usually on abandoned solos we want the files used, but if it's irreparable, we have little choice.)

shreyasethi - I've put you in as DPL. 8-)
Thanks a lot!
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Thank you both :thumbs: I look forward to working with you!
As I have a couple of chapters left in a few collaborative projects, I want to finish them first this week, and then next week I'll start working on this one. I hope that's alright!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

That's fine. In the meantime, I'll move this to Going Solo. :)
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

TriciaG wrote: August 27th, 2020, 5:26 am That's fine. In the meantime, I'll move this to Going Solo. :)
Woohoo! My first solo! :9:
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Hi! I just finished my other projects today and tried following the instructions to access the magic window editing stuff, but it still says I don't have permission to access that. The project doesn't appear when I logged in as a BC either... How do I make this work? :help:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You ask your MC to fix the mistake she made when getting the project ready. :roll: You should be able to get in now. :)
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

TriciaG wrote: September 5th, 2020, 4:32 am You ask your MC to fix the mistake she made when getting the project ready. :roll: You should be able to get in now. :)
:lol: I can see the page now, thanks! :thumbs:
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

I've listened to the spot in PL notes, and it does seem like overlapping audio. But it is just half a sentence or so, so I might just record that small section and insert it in.... the existing recording sounds so good I don't want to ditch it entirely.

What is librivox's policy on this kind of inserting by the way, is it really ok if the audio just cuts to my voice for a minute before returning?

Or, since the mistake is near the end, can I cut the chapter into 2 sections at a good point and only re-record the later part instead?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Well, readers for LibriVox recordings release them into the public domain, so we con do anything we want with them. :lol:

Seriously, though, we've had it before where a paragraph or two were missing from a completed text, or some other circumstance comes up which requires a bit of recording, and the reader has long disappeared. So we do have other projects in which a different voice reads a bit of it. I suppose it might be jarring for the listener, but it's better than throwing away the recording altogether.

If it were my project, I wouldn't split the chapter into smaller parts and record the last portion, but that's definitely an option if you choose to do it. The whole section is 23 minutes; splitting it up would leave the sections on the small side, IMHO. On the other hand, it would take care of the jar to the listener. If you prefer this method, you can certainly do it. :)
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Thanks! I'll think about it more. For now, I'll just skip to the rest of the sections :lol:
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Hi! It was a tough few weeks, but the second chapter is finally finished and ready for PL!

The quality might not be good. I tried to imitate the style of the former reader at first which didn't work well. I kinda fell back to my own style later anyway. And there are long pauses I cut out, but the volume and tone didn't really match.... and so on and so forth. But I figured keeping the progress rolling is more important. I might consider re-recording it later after the rest is finished.

I hope to accelerate the pace in the coming weeks.
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Chapter 3 up for PL! The next one should be coming next week!
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Chapter 4 up and ready!