[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Yaaaaaay!

Thank you Elijah and Diego!
I'm excited to edit these into the chapters!
TJ
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Hi, this is bookworm360. Here is Betty Sherman's file! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_bettysherman_07_128kb.mp3
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Bookworm360 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 4:31 pm Hi, this is bookworm360. Here is Betty Sherman's file! :D
Pianolil wrote: October 4th, 2020, 7:06 pm Hi, here is Donald Fraser! :D
Duration: 3:36 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_donaldfraser_07_128kb.mp3
Great! Thanks, Bookworm and Lily!
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_roger_24_128kb.mp3

Roger Chapter 24 -
I think this my last correction? Getting Bowen right finally hopefully! :P
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
benderca

Post by benderca »

Story Girl Voice Credit, Chapter 7, Chapter 28, and Chapter 30 are all PL OK!
Wonderful story telling, Cadastra -- definitely worth the wait! :D
Last edited by benderca on October 8th, 2020, 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

DiegoT wrote: September 30th, 2020, 5:11 pm Sorry for the recording break. Here is chapter 8. Enjoy!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_dan_08_128kb.mp3

-Diego Tablett
Thank you, Diego -- I definitely DID enjoy! :D
I love your portrayal of Dan.

I have one tiny request: We've all been pronouncing "Cowan" with a short "o" (like the animal "cow"), so could you please read your line at 0:11
"Nobody but a Cowan would do it, and that's a fact," using this pronunciation? (I know, I'm asking everyone to pronounce Peg Bowen with a long "o" -- there's no method to the madness, I'm just going with majority rules here, and first come, first serve... :wink: ) ).

One more issue is that the volume is still too low. It's 81.9 dB and our target is 86-92 dB. Were you able to download "Checker 0.96"? This will tell you if your files are ready to submit: https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

I think you would be best served (the quality of you recording would be slightly better) if you raised the volume of the microphone in Audacity before you record. (But don't worry about that for this chapter -- I was able to raise the volume when I edited your parts in to the chapter file and it sounds good along side the other readers).

Keep up the good work and keep those chapters coming! :clap:
TJ

Note to Elijah and Cadastra (who haven't submitted Chapter 8 yet): Cowan with a short "o", Bowen with a long "o" -- thanks!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Duration: 3:36 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_donaldfraser_07_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Lily! Great portrayal of Donald Fraser!

You left out some lines, in which I had hoped would be in Donal Fraser's voice. They're not direct quotes, but I had imagined these as sort of flash backs (like in a documentary film) -- the story girl is giving the general story outline, then we flash back to Donald Fraser (perhaps telling the story years later), explaining how he thought and felt at the time, then we flash back even further to the actual events as they played out. Ya, I'm trying to be artsy... :lol:

So here are my notes:

0:53 (Script, page 4), Missing Lines:

Neil hadn't been courting Nancy very long

never dreamed he would propose to her QUITE so soon.

She was very shy and modest, but you know a girl can let a man see she likes him without going out of her way.

if Neil proposed first he would have the best chance. Neil was rich and the Shermans were poor, and old Elias Sherman would have the most to say in the matter. If he told Nancy she must take Neil Campbell she would never dream of disobeying him. Old Elias Sherman was a man who had to be obeyed. But if Nancy had only promised some one else first her father would not make her break her word.

2:05 If the Campbell wakes to soon (the words run together a bit, so it's hard to understand "if the Campbell")

2:58 (Script, page 6) - Missing Line:
Oh, she was very beautiful! Her hair was like a skein of golden silk, and her eyes were as blue as the gulf water when the sun breaks out after a storm.

3:04 "hasty" should be pronounced with a long "a" (like hay-stee)

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Bookworm360 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 4:31 pm Hi, this is bookworm360. Here is Betty Sherman's file! :D
Thanks, Bookworm! Great portrayal of Betty Sherman!

You missed her first lines on page 6:

"'Good morning, Mr. Campbell,'

'It's early abroad you are. And on Black Dan, no less! Was I mistaken in thinking that Donald Fraser said once that his favourite horse should never be backed by any man but him? But doubtless a fair exchange is no robbery, and Brown Bess is a good mare in her way.'

A few additional notes:
1:36:
Were I you, (I hear: "were I WERE you)

1:45:
"There's many a girl..." (I hear: "there's merry a girl...")

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Chapters 9-14 are all PL OK!

Chapter 15:
I have one small request. We have all been pronouncing Cecily with emphasis on the first syllable: SESS-si-ly. Could you please pronounce it that way in the sentence:
"You were pretty glad to leave it all to Cecily then." (0:22)

Chapter 16:
I can't hear the word "of" in this sentence (0:04):
"I wouldn't be much scared of anything REAL. But a haunted house is a different thing."
(Great eerie whisper and shriek in this one!)

Thanks!
TJ
Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

benderca wrote: October 8th, 2020, 12:46 am
Thanks, Lily! Great portrayal of Donald Fraser!

You left out some lines, in which I had hoped would be in Donal Fraser's voice. They're not direct quotes, but I had imagined these as sort of flash backs (like in a documentary film) -- the story girl is giving the general story outline, then we flash back to Donald Fraser (perhaps telling the story years later), explaining how he thought and felt at the time, then we flash back even further to the actual events as they played out. Ya, I'm trying to be artsy... :lol:

So here are my notes:

0:53 (Script, page 4), Missing Lines:

Neil hadn't been courting Nancy very long

never dreamed he would propose to her QUITE so soon.

She was very shy and modest, but you know a girl can let a man see she likes him without going out of her way.

if Neil proposed first he would have the best chance. Neil was rich and the Shermans were poor, and old Elias Sherman would have the most to say in the matter. If he told Nancy she must take Neil Campbell she would never dream of disobeying him. Old Elias Sherman was a man who had to be obeyed. But if Nancy had only promised some one else first her father would not make her break her word.

2:05 If the Campbell wakes to soon (the words run together a bit, so it's hard to understand "if the Campbell")

2:58 (Script, page 6) - Missing Line:
Oh, she was very beautiful! Her hair was like a skein of golden silk, and her eyes were as blue as the gulf water when the sun breaks out after a storm.

3:04 "hasty" should be pronounced with a long "a" (like hay-stee)

Thanks,
TJ
Oh, that's nice! I wasn't sure if I shoud read them or not. I'll try to update the recording soon!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Lily!
benderca

Post by benderca »

@Elijah: Chapters 1 & 2 are ready to PL, but please submit your Felix files first. We can always advertise for PL help.

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elijah,

Chapters 1 & 2 are PL OK.

In Chapter 3, could I please get you to rerecord the last line?

"She's just fine," said Felix, enthusiastically. "I never heard anything like her to tell stories."

"She's just fine" is supposed to be a compliment for the Story Girl, so could you please say it with enthusiasm -- to mean "she's great!"
(the way you read it sounds like: eh. she's ok, i guess... :wink: )

Thanks!
TJ
Last edited by benderca on February 3rd, 2021, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.