Editing process advice, anyone?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
DebraLynn

Post by DebraLynn »

See, now I thought that you all had some mystical magical editing secret. I was sure that when I told you what I do, you would rally round me clicking your tongues and saying, "Deb, Deb, Deb! You poor misguided creature!" and then you would let me in on the secret that would shorten my editing time to a negligible amount.

If you were listening to the audio version of this post, you would hear in the background the sound of my illusions being shattered. :cry:

Seriously, I thank everyone who responded. It sounds to me like we all do things fairly similarly, with some people getting more technical than others.
Cori wrote:and my main problem is reading what *I think* the text should say, and not what it DOES say.
I've told people that very same thing about myself many times. Usually it only amounts to a word or two, but tonight I really outdid myself. The text said this:
divested of her bonnet and shawl, came sidling and bridling into the room
And what I recorded was:
divesting herself of her bonnet and shawl, came sidling and bristling into the room.
It's like I forget how to read or something. And since what I read would sound perfectly fine if I didn't have the text in front of me, I guess I'll have to keep on the way I've been going. Maybe someday I'll remember how to read.

Thanks all,
-Deb
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1166][b][color=violet]"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" (Groucho Marx)[/color][/b][/url]
Jc

Post by Jc »

and my main problem is reading what *I think* the text should say, and not what it DOES say.
Same here. Although for some reason it only happens in French. You can ask ezwa about it, poor soul. I'd correct a line and add a word into the next...
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

deb, this gets better with practice...