COMPLETE Fairy and Folk Tales..Irish Peasantry - WB Yeats-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mijenar wrote:I have everything done except LOUGHLEAGH, but I'm uncertain how to handle all of the footnotes. For Rent-Day, it was easy to add it at the end, but many of those in Loughleagh wouldn't make sense if you don't know what part of the story they're referencing.

Sorry it's taking me so long--it will get done!
One way to deal with them is to put them in amongst the text so when you come to where the numbers are you can say

what should he see but whole loads of ganconers [45]
say: start of footnote [Ir. gean-canach—i.e., love-talker, a kind of fairy appearing in lonesome valleys, a dudeen (tobacco-pipe) in his mouth, making love to milk-maids, etc.] then say: end of footnote.

Happy for you to do it like that or to leave them out if you feel it will cause too much confusion.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

:oops: sorry I took so long to get this correction in, was out of town with family emergency.
Here is section 15 with longer tail:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fairytalesoftheirish_15_yeats_128kb.mp3

Track Length
35:55.62 (m:ss.ss)

File Size
32.9 MiB

thanks for the compliment on my accent, it was a fun job.
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PapaDoug wrote::oops: sorry I took so long to get this correction in, was out of town with family emergency.
Here is section 15 with longer tail:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fairytalesoftheirish_15_yeats_128kb.mp3

Track Length
35:55.62 (m:ss.ss)

File Size
32.9 MiB

thanks for the compliment on my accent, it was a fun job.
Not a problem at all these things happen hope all is ok now. That is now PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 31 is PL OK thanks
Michele
JacobusMagnus

Post by JacobusMagnus »

I am very sorry but can I give up my section. I just can't record the Irish bits of the third story in ,my section to a high enough standard. I have kept trying but it sounds laughable. :(
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JacobusMagnus wrote:I am very sorry but can I give up my section. I just can't record the Irish bits of the third story in ,my section to a high enough standard. I have kept trying but it sounds laughable. :(
I am happy for you to upload the other two stories and I will separate them out so someone else can record the third one. Would be a shame for your hard work to go to waste. Let me know if this is ok.

thanks
Michele
JacobusMagnus

Post by JacobusMagnus »

wib66 wrote:
JacobusMagnus wrote:I am very sorry but can I give up my section. I just can't record the Irish bits of the third story in ,my section to a high enough standard. I have kept trying but it sounds laughable. :(
I am happy for you to upload the other two stories and I will separate them out so someone else can record the third one. Would be a shame for your hard work to go to waste. Let me know if this is ok.

thanks
Thank you so much I will edit it and have it for you this weekend all being well :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

that's great thanks
Michele
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Hi,

There seems to be only one section left to be claimed – Section 31 (King O’Toole and his Goose). May I claim it, please?

If assigned to me, it’ll be my first recording.

I've completed the 1-Minute Test.

I'd like to be noted as Aiken in the LibriVox catalogue.

Cheers

Aikenpayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hello Aikenpayne and welcome to Librivox

You are most welcome to record the section. Before I can sign you up I need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name or any other pseudonym you choose. Please ask if you need any help with anything. I see that you have the ok for your 1 minute test so all is good. Have fun
Michele
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Thank you Michele. I'm looking forward to getting involved in this project.

I’d like to be noted as Aiken in the LibriVox catalogue.

I have a question... On reading the text I note that this section is written in English with an Irish vernacular slant and the consequent pronunciation of certain words and phrases. As a native Irishman, I'm completely comfortable with such inflections and expressions in the language. My question is this... From a Librivox point of view, would it be preferred to record the section in 'everyday' English or should it be done with the inflections and Irish accent as indicated in the text? My own point of view is that the latter would be more effective and more ‘true’ to the story.

I’d appreciate if you could have a look at the text and let me know your thoughts.

Aikenpayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Aikenpayne wrote:Thank you Michele. I'm looking forward to getting involved in this project.

I’d like to be noted as Aiken in the LibriVox catalogue.

I have a question... On reading the text I note that this section is written in English with an Irish vernacular slant and the consequent pronunciation of certain words and phrases. As a native Irishman, I'm completely comfortable with such inflections and expressions in the language. My question is this... From a Librivox point of view, would it be preferred to record the section in 'everyday' English or should it be done with the inflections and Irish accent as indicated in the text? My own point of view is that the latter would be more effective and more ‘true’ to the story.

I’d appreciate if you could have a look at the text and let me know your thoughts.

Aikenpayne
Hi Aiken
It would be great for you to read it with an Irish accent and inflections thank you
Michele
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

So it shall be done : )
brandj13

Post by brandj13 »

Here is Section #36. The time is 7:5

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fairytalesoftheirish_36_yeats_128kb.mp3

Thank you

Kyle
Kyle B. Jones ACS, ALB
wib66

Post by wib66 »

brandj13 wrote:Here is Section #36. The time is 7:5

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fairytalesoftheirish_36_yeats_128kb.mp3

Thank you

Kyle
thanks Kyle can I just check the time

7:05 or 7:50 thanks
Michele