(Complete) The Story of Dr Dolittle by Hugh Lofting-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hi Elijah!
There are lots of open parts in this project. It would be great if you could take one (or more!)
A dramatic reading is different from a regular reading of a book because instead of claiming a chapter and reading the whole chapter, you claim a character and record only the lines assigned to that character.
To see what lines to read, read from the scripts. Here's one. If you wanted to read, say, the Little Boy, you would read only the lines in light blue, each separated by a few seconds of silence. Does that make sense?
Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ej400

Post by ej400 »

That makes sense, and it sounds like fun!!! :mrgreen:

Are there any parts I can read a little bit more?

:mrgreen:
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Have a look here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B96UkH57T3AGREtXVFd5RWxsOHc&authuser=0
The first document "Cast" has a list of all the characters, with what chapters they appear in :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Rachel,

I'll MC for you ~ the MW is all set. Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you so much!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Finally finished with the MW. We are open for claims! :D
Rachel

Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

If you want me to, I could PL those.
Last edited by Kangaroo692 on February 24th, 2015, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's Ben Ali, the Barbary Dragon - I had a minute and a half and I felt like a bit of being silly. This is my "male voice" processing, as I felt it suited the character.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_benali_15.mp3 (1:23)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Elizabby wrote:Here's Ben Ali, the Barbary Dragon - I had a minute and a half and I felt like a bit of being silly. This is my "male voice" processing, as I felt it suited the character.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_benali_15.mp3 (1:23)
Thank you! PL OK!
Elizabby wrote:Thanks Rachel, these are all PL OK except for Chapter 18, which has a slight stutter in the first phrase. It would be smoother if you redid just that first sentence - all the rest were lovely! :thumbs:
Thanks so much!
ej400 wrote:Hi SweetPea. :D Can I please do Jip the dog?

Thank you :mrgreen:
Certainly! Thank you!
Rachel

ej400

Post by ej400 »

And could I please take the little brother :D :D :D

Thank you :D
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you, but since Jip and the little boy appear in two of the same chapters, I'm going to ask you to take only one of them. Which one would you like? :)
Rachel

ej400

Post by ej400 »

Jip please. Did not know that.

Can i then do the cat's meat man please

Thank you :mrgreen:
Last edited by ej400 on February 24th, 2015, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.