Titles starting with B in the M4B catalog missing?

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
ronks

Post by ronks »

The M4B catalog page at
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/M4B_Catalog
reads
Main Page * 0-A * C * D * E * F * G * H * I-K * L * M * N-O * P-Q * R * S * T * U-V * W-Z

Titles like "The Brotherhood of the Seven Kings" seem to be unreachable that way.
Not to mention Biographies, Bulletins, Brouhahas, Bulls Papal and the like. :-)

P.S. I love Librivox! Keep up the good work!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

We are currently changing how to access the m4b files, as keeping the wiki up to date is quite a chore, now that we are producing about 100 books (and more) per month.

It says on the wiki page for "B":
LV wiki wrote:M4B English B

Links to M4B files previously on this page have been moved and are now available on the Librivox Catalog pages and Internet Archive pages.
This means, that in the long run (i.e., as soon as we can manage to change all the links), all m4b's will be linked directly on the LV catalog and archive pages.

You'll find the links to a direct download of the m4b file on the catalog page, at the left hand side under "Links". Hope this helps!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ronks

Post by ronks »

Thanks! Will there still be pages for just M4B files, by title and by author? I find them really handy.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No - because they're done manually, they're too hard to keep updated. Generally, you can browse the main catalog, and each project will have the M4B. So just use the Browse feature on the main page (by title, author, genre, or language. When browsing by title, you can sort by release date or alphabetically, and you can narrow titles down to solo, group, or all projects.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ronks

Post by ronks »

OK, thanks. I expect I can cope. :-)
ronks

Post by ronks »

To follow up on this topic a bit; I hope there will continue to be one place where M4B files are listed separately, even if just in text form like the present M4B catalog by author's last name. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has found a recording listed in the main catalog, wanted to download it, and found it's not available for the iPod except as a Zip file of MP3's by chapter - which the iPod treats as individual songs, not as a book. I've built a few books from those files with Chapter & Verse, and made them available to Librivox; but being able to see for example what works of Arthur Conan Doyle already exist as M4B's is a real convenience. To be honest, the present M4B lists by title are a sort of hodge-podge I could live without; all the titles beginning with "C" don't have much else in common. But by author, that is quite useful.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You'll be able to search the catalogue - we have M4B for all but the latest ones.
But anyone can update the wiki - if you wanted to upkeep the lists let us know and we will leave them after we finish the changeover.

Anne
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

And if you want a list of all the books in the catalogue that you can scroll through and see what catches your eye (the current catalogue is not really set up for this - you can search easily for a specific title, and the genre categories usually are small enough that you can browse through them, but if you wanted to wander through the catalogue the same way you wander through a library, picking random books off the shelves to see if they are interesting, that is quite tricky) ekzemplaro has created his own catalogue, which is very useful for just that. Got to: http://ekzemplaro.org/librivox/catalog/ and then, once it's loaded which may take a few seconds, chose completed from the drop down box at the top. (Although it is organised by date catalogued, I believe he has said he would like to update it to give the option to sort by author name so he may do that in future.)
So little space, so much to say.