[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

ej400 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 9:54 am I understand the commitment, the dedication, and the load I am taking on here, and I've got a lot more time on my hands now that we are in a "stay at home," order, but I would like to PL the parts, help out editing a little bit, and also play as Felix. :D
alanmapstone wrote: March 29th, 2020, 9:58 am May I read Uncle Alec? It would suit an older male voice.
jennlea wrote: March 29th, 2020, 10:04 am May I go ahead and claim Felicity?
julianpratley wrote: March 29th, 2020, 2:42 pm Could I play Peter?
KevinS wrote: March 30th, 2020, 10:06 am Mr. Marwood, please.
Thanks, everyone! Got you in the MW now.
benderca

Post by benderca »

cadastra wrote: March 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm I would like to read Sara Stanley.
Welcome to our Story Girl. Just wanted to make sure you know that this is a very large commitment. The Story Girl drives this story (as the name implies :D ). She has long paragraphs of dialogue, more in some chapters than the narrator. She is fascinating, lively, charming, with a clear sweet voice that makes words come alive. She mesmerizes everyone she meets (with her voice and words), children and adults alike. So feel free to get dramatic and expressive. Have fun with the role -- she's an amazing character.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

benderca wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:24 am
Welcome to our Story Girl. Just wanted to make sure you know that this is a very large commitment. The Story Girl drives this story (as the name implies :D ). She has long paragraphs of dialogue, more in some chapters than the narrator. She is fascinating, lively, charming, with a clear sweet voice that makes words come alive. She mesmerizes everyone she meets (with her voice and words), children and adults alike. So feel free to get dramatic and expressive. Have fun with the role -- she's an amazing character.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I did read your post in the DR suggestions thread, so I knew about the size of the role in advance. I have a younger-sounding female voice, so it should suit the part. Thanks for having me!
benderca

Post by benderca »

cadastra wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:41 am
benderca wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:24 am
Thanks so much for letting me know. I did read your post in the DR suggestions thread, so I knew about the size of the role in advance. I have a younger-sounding female voice, so it should suit the part. Thanks for having me!
Oh, excellent! Just didn't want you to get blown away when you started reading the texts... :D This is going to be a lot of fun!
TJ
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Rev. Marwood

I hope this will work;I am a little confused between act, chapter, and section.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_marwood_12_128kb.mp3
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:54 am I've set this up.
Thanks again, Tricia! I think the Magic Window is ready so far -- and I think we are ready to roll! :D
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 8:43 am Rev. Marwood

Ooops, sorry about that Kevin. Guess I used the template for a play instead of dramatic reading. I updated the line to read "chapter":

[*]AFTER recording
Save files as 128 kbps MP3
storygirl_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the chapter number.

Could you please upload it as:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_marwood_08_128kb.mp3

I also updated the Instructions to remove reference to "Sections" - hopefully it will be less confusing now.
Last edited by benderca on March 31st, 2020, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Readers Wanted!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: March 31st, 2020, 8:51 am Moving to Readers Wanted!
Thanks, Tricia!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

benderca wrote: March 31st, 2020, 8:48 am
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 8:43 am Rev. Marwood

Ooops, sorry about that Kevin. Guess I used the template for a play instead of dramatic reading. I updated the line to read "chapter":

[*]AFTER recording
Save files as 128 kbps MP3
storygirl_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the chapter number.

Could you please upload it as:

I also updated the Instructions to remove reference to "Sections" - hopefully it will be less confusing now.

You might also want to include [##] everywhere in your script where appropriate.
benderca

Post by benderca »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:08 am

You might also want to include [##] everywhere in your script where appropriate.
oh, good point. I think I've made those corrections. Do you see anything else? How about the explanation for claiming? I've changed the text a bit. (I looked at other DRs as a guide, and they still refer to "sections").

Thanks for your recording, by the way! First in!
TJ
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

benderca wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:27 am
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:08 am

oh, good point. I think I've made those corrections. Do you see anything else? How about the explanation for claiming? I've changed the text a bit. (I looked at other DRs as a guide, and they still refer to "sections").

Thanks for your recording, by the way! First in!
TJ
You're doing a great job. I'll have a quick look, though.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm no expert, but all looks good. Did you emphasize somewhere that each reader will have to record his/her "[role] recorded by [or something like that] [name]"? If not, I believe that is the practice for the DP. I think it's only done once for the very beginning of the DR. When and where a reader records this, I don't know. I had just the one recording, so it was an easy choice for me!

Oh, and my recording can be marked Ready for PL now.

Keep up the good work!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:43 am I'm no expert, but all looks good. Did you emphasize somewhere that each reader will have to record his/her "[role] recorded by [or something like that] [name]"? If not, I believe that is the practice for the DP. I think it's only done once for the very beginning of the DR. When and where a reader records this, I don't know. I had just the one recording, so it was an easy choice for me!

Oh, and my recording can be marked Ready for PL now.

Keep up the good work!
This is usually done right away, in the first recording sent in by the reader. Usually, chapter one, but unless they don't appear there or only appear in one chapter, then they would do it in the first chapter they appear in, as the first line. But yes, there should be something marked in the first post about that.
Michael6230

Post by Michael6230 »

Howdy!

Can I read for the character "Dan" please? By the way, do I need to sound like a child/teen? :)