Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

What if somebody did a dramatic reading The Story of King Arthur and his Knights? I think it would be great. I mean, there isn't even a normal reading for it. Only the second book. And that's in progress. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :help:

P.S. If it does get picked up, I would like to be narrator please. Not the BC though. :thumbs:
Aaron
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

This has been on my to-do list for ages! The difficulty is finding a suitable text. There are lots of King Arthur texts, but not many in a style suitable for a DR, oddly. I think because of the traditional "storytelling" style there isn't much dialogue in most texts.
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Great! How about the first book in Howard Pyle's Series?
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Here's a link to Amazon
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

It's not on Gutenburg for some reason... :( :shock: :cry: :evil: :roll: :| :help: :hmm:
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

That's Great! Thank you! :D
Aaron
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Oh yes, that's why I didn't do it. If the text is on PG I can cut and paste to make the script. With this kind of scanned copy I'd have to retype the whole thing, and I don't have that kind of time.

I'd be happy to BC a straight chapter by chapter reading of the book if that would be of interest?
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Would the full text download option work
?
Aaron
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

It would work, except that the archive text is OCR'd and really hard to read because most of them (all of them?) don't scan perfectly. You would have to go through and fix every error and type in missing pages, which is as much work as re-typing the entire book. :)
Adele

Post by aaronml »

How about the Celtic Twilight project The Story of King Arthur and his Knights by Howard Pyle? It has pictures, But there are no type Os, and is possible to copy and paste. :D you could just not copy the pictures! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by aaronml on June 20th, 2016, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

aaronml wrote:What if somebody did a dramatic reading The Story of King Arthur and his Knights? I think it would be great. I mean, there isn't even a normal reading for it. Only the second book. And that's in progress. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :help:

P.S. If it does get picked up, I would like to be narrator please. Not the BC though. :thumbs:
There's a dramatic version here: https://librivox.org/king-arthur-a-drama-by-joseph-comyns-carr/
And I'm not sure what you mean about there not being normal readings of King Arthur: https://librivox.org/search?q=arthur&search_form=advanced
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

I meant by Howard Pyle. But thanks anyway. :)
Aaron
ej400

Post by ej400 »

aaronml wrote:How about the Celtic Twilight project The Story of King Arthur and his Knights by Howard Pyle? It has pictures, But there are no type Os, and is possible to copy and paste. :D you could just not copy the pictures! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
That was the link I used when I read that book, great book, and a great idea!