Teas and other things for one's throat

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Perhaps it's my age, and previous dissolute life, but I have trouble staying in 'good' voice. I have just purchased Yogi 'Throat comfort' tea and honey and will let you all know how it goes.

Suggestions for other care tips welcome.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: June 30th, 2019, 3:04 pm Perhaps it's my age, and previous dissolute life, but I have trouble staying in 'good' voice. I have just purchased Yogi 'Throat comfort' tea and honey and will let you all know how it goes.

Try heating some warm water, and adding some honey to it. The honey will help get rid of stuff in your throat, and also sooth.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 5:05 pm
KevinS wrote: June 30th, 2019, 3:04 pm Perhaps it's my age, and previous dissolute life, but I have trouble staying in 'good' voice. I have just purchased Yogi 'Throat comfort' tea and honey and will let you all know how it goes.

Try heating some warm water, and adding some honey to it. The honey will help get rid of stuff in your throat, and also sooth.
That would be cheaper than buying special tea, wouldn't it?!

I saw 'Yogi' and I thoght he would know exactly what I needed, as I'm sure he cares for Boo-Boo during the Yosemite winters.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I seem to recall hearing that "Whispering Ted" Lowe, the BBC's lead commentator on the snooker programme "Pot Black", had it written into his contract that he be supplied with a glass of champagne throughout the evening to ensure that his voice maintained its velvety smoothness.

Here in Australia, we watched it religiously after Aussie Eddie Charlton recorded that century break of 110.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXcSBtrTlNE

Eddie has an Australian accent from the old days which I wish I could do, but I'm a child of the Sixties, so... :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 2:03 am I seem to recall hearing that "Whispering Ted" Lowe, the BBC's lead commentator on the snooker programme "Pot Black", had it written into his contract that he be supplied with a glass of champagne throughout the evening to ensure that his voice maintained its velvety smoothness.

Here in Australia, we watched it religiously after Aussie Eddie Charlton recorded that century break of 110.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXcSBtrTlNE

Eddie has an Australian accent from the old days which I wish I could do, but I'm a child of the Sixties, so... :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
Hahah!

Did you know that whispering is harder on a voice than what we call regular speech? No wonder he needed the bubbly!