Some poetry

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Since many of you probably don't follow my solos, I just read a poem over 5,000 words and it took me over 40 minutes. Well, after such a long poem, I decided to write to Lynda (lmnei, my DPL) a little poem... here it is:

This morning I did a vocal deed.
I Grabbed my mp3 player and began to read,
A poem by Jonathan Swift will do,
for Elijah, the librivox community and Lynda too!
As I sat and read the dreadful lines,
I realized I didn't know the signs,
That I actually enjoyed reading this long poem,
And that's probably why it's known,
Well now,
With a big wow,
That section 10 is ready for PL!

:lol: <laughing>
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

That's awesome (but a pretty long poem that you had to read :shock:). My favorite part its "well now, with a big wow" :lol:. I think we have a poet in the making here :D!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I love it! That's so creative and awesome! Inspires me to try to make some of my own...we'll see how that turns out! :D
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I've decided to add my bit of poetry, too:
I can't say a word, time and again
But halfway through, the miraculous happens
My mouth loosens up, all tightness has gone
My words come out easily, fully cleansed
From the impossible force binding them full on
I finally relax, glad I held out
And knowing that this joy is what LibriVox is all about.

That doesn't happen every day, but it's such a blessing when it does! The 'three-minute section' I referred to is my Solo (The Juvenile Bible)...it's actually really hard to record it, that's why I don't do it every day. But it's a blessing when I have good days where I can actually record easily...then I get as much done as possible!
lymiewithpurpose

And we have a second poet in the making here :D. That doesn't happen for me, I always mess up the longer I go on :shock:
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 2:07 pm And we have a second poet in the making here :D. That doesn't happen for me, I always mess up the longer I go on :shock:
Aw, thanks! I do have an issue with stuttering, so that's what I'm referring to. (But please, I'm not going to turn this thread into a speech-help thread this time like I always do when I mention it. :lol: <laugh>) I just wish I didn't stutter, it would make everything so much easier. *Thinking how many PL OK sections I could make a day* :lol: :wink:
lymiewithpurpose

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 2:10 pm Aw, thanks! I do have an issue with stuttering, so that's what I'm referring to. (But please, I'm not going to turn this thread into a speech-help thread this time like I always do when I mention it. :lol: <laugh>) I just wish I didn't stutter, it would make everything so much easier. *Thinking how many PL OK sections I could make a day* :lol: :wink:
Ha ha ha. Well, at least you can get sentences to rhyme? I can't do that for the life of me :shock:
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 2:13 pm Ha ha ha. Well, at least you can get sentences to rhyme? I can't do that for the life of me :shock:
All you gotta do, is write a line, and figure out what would rhyme with it next. You don't have to go down all the time though, sometimes I do something like this:

Start of poem
He ran away and found a cat,
((Here I find something perfect, so I change it up:))
The was a man with a red hat,
He one day ran away with his cat,

Something like that. Changing the order of the lines sometimes works too. :D <smile>
lymiewithpurpose

ej400 wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 7:04 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 2:13 pm Ha ha ha. Well, at least you can get sentences to rhyme? I can't do that for the life of me :shock:
All you gotta do, is write a line, and figure out what would rhyme with it next. You don't have to go down all the time though, sometimes I do something like this:

Start of poem
He ran away and found a cat,
((Here I find something perfect, so I change it up:))
The was a man with a red hat,
He one day ran away with his cat,

Something like that. Changing the order of the lines sometimes works too. :D <smile>
Ok. Thanks for the tips! Just to prove how bad I am at rhyming, I will write a little poem about growing older (Google recommended). I honestly tried:

I do not like growing older
I feel like a folder
Holding things
Like diamond rings
That sparkle
Like farkle
Which is a game
Which is not tame
Like a house cat
Sitting on a mat.

There, now do you see how awful of a poet I am? I resigned myself to reading poetry and not writing it long ago :lol:
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It was good, your not bad at it, just need some practice. They say practice makes perfect for a reason :D <smile> Don't say your bad at something, just keep trying :thumbs: <thumbsup>
lymiewithpurpose

ej400 wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 7:13 pm It was good, your not bad at it, just need some practice. They say practice makes perfect for a reason :D <smile> Don't say your bad at something, just keep trying :thumbs: <thumbsup>
Ha ha thanks for the encouragement. I have practiced quite a bit though. A few years ago I was in a poetry phase where I tried to write many different types of poetry. When my family continued to laugh at my poems after a lot of hard work, I learned that this was not my talent in life :lol:
Campbell
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 7:30 pm
Ha ha thanks for the encouragement. I have practiced quite a bit though. A few years ago I was in a poetry phase where I tried to write many different types of poetry. When my family continued to laugh at my poems after a lot of hard work, I learned that this was not my talent in life :lol:
Maybe you should have just learned that your family didn't appreciate your poetry and kept writing for yourself not for others. In the end it's your writing for you, not a gift for your family.

Anne
lymiewithpurpose

annise wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2019, 8:04 pm Maybe you should have just learned that your family didn't appreciate your poetry and kept writing for yourself not for others. In the end it's your writing for you, not a gift for your family.
Very true. Now I would have done that. Back then I had not found a single talent of mine, and was desperate to find something I was good at. If I was not good at one thing, I would move on to another. And I myself also laughed at my poems (they were pretty bad) and just moved on to something else (I don't remember what). Needless to say, this method does not help you find something your good at, and ruins interest in many topics in the process. Don't know that I will really try again after that. I've tried a few times and can't get going :lol:
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

New poem

You have decided to add a new friend on librivox,
And then a thingy pops up on your screen,
Asking if your sure you want to do this.

I say yes and go away little box!
I know this person is not mean,
So please let me be friends with them Miss.

That box get's annoying. It's like yeah, I added this person as a friend, I don't need you to ask me "are you sure?" Yes I'm sure. Am I sure I'm sure? Yes

:lol: :lol: