[COMPLETE] Haworth's by Frances Hodgson Burnett - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Please grant an extension for my sections. Sorry for the delay. I've held off on recording this because it's a little more challenging than my other claims and I'd like to do it well. Once I started recording it last week, I got a cold. Chapters 3 and 4 are in the editing stage, and the others are coming.
Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

ej400

Post by ej400 »

Ariphron wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:18 am Please grant an extension for my sections. Sorry for the delay. I've held off on recording this because it's a little more challenging than my other claims and I'd like to do it well. Once I started recording it last week, I got a cold. Chapters 3 and 4 are in the editing stage, and the others are coming.
Alright, I'll give you an extension, especially since were not really anywhere close to being completed. Thank you for Chapter 3! :D <smile>
Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Time for more. I would like to reserve chapters 9, 10, and 11.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Thank you!
Ariphron wrote: May 4th, 2019, 3:00 pm Time for more. I would like to reserve chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Thank you for claiming! :D <smile> I will begin PLing your sections hopefully soon
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Sorry I haven't really got to your sections ariphron, but here are the PL notes for Chapter 3:

@ 3:24, @ 4:22, @ 7:40 Text says: "Stephen Murdoch", I heard "Steven Murdoch". It should be pronounced "Steff fen", although English doesn't do a very good job in this case, of showing how it's pronounced :D <smile> This one is optional though, because Steven and Stephen are quite similar, but I usually edit names because it is a name.

Have a great day!
Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

I think I'll resist that one, in part because my father is named Stephen and he says "Steven," in part because my American Heritage dictionary lists "Steven" as the only pronunciation for Saint Stephen and my Merriam-Webster dictionary lists "Steven" as the only pronunciation for King Stephen.

I did waver a bit on the name "Murdoch," saying "murr-duck" a few times before settling on "murr-dock." If that's a problem, you can note the places where I said "murr-duck" and I'll edit them to "murr-dock."

Enjoy the PL. I am finding this book quite enjoyable, and better written than comparable books by Thomas Hardy or D. H. Lawrence.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Ariphron wrote: May 9th, 2019, 10:29 am I think I'll resist that one, in part because my father is named Stephen and he says "Steven," in part because my American Heritage dictionary lists "Steven" as the only pronunciation for Saint Stephen and my Merriam-Webster dictionary lists "Steven" as the only pronunciation for King Stephen.

I did waver a bit on the name "Murdoch," saying "murr-duck" a few times before settling on "murr-dock." If that's a problem, you can note the places where I said "murr-duck" and I'll edit them to "murr-dock."

Enjoy the PL. I am finding this book quite enjoyable, and better written than comparable books by Thomas Hardy or D. H. Lawrence.
The "murr-duck" shouldn't be an issue I don't think, mostly because I myself pronounce it either way all the time.

Thank you so much!