[Complete] Precepts in Practice by Charlotte Maria Tucker - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
peterdvorak

Post by peterdvorak »

Yes, I said I would do it, so I will. Section 15, The Beautiful Villa. Thanks!
drwifey

Post by drwifey »

Hello!
May I record section 11, "The Sailor's Resolve"?
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

drwifey wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:07 pm Hello!
Of course, I'll add you in! Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Under what name? This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work. I can also add a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave - 2 chapters left
drwifey

Post by drwifey »

Wonderful! :clap: You can list me as "drwifey"

DariaAM wrote: November 28th, 2021, 11:24 pm
Of course, I'll add you in! Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Under what name? This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work. I can also add a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

drwifey wrote: November 30th, 2021, 6:28 pm Wonderful! :clap: You can list me as "drwifey"

DariaAM wrote: November 28th, 2021, 11:24 pm
:thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
drwifey

Post by drwifey »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/preceptsinpractice_11_tucker_128kb.mp3

Total mm:ss = 18:37

Please proof listen and add to collection when ready.
evangjes

Post by evangjes »

Hello! May I record section 6?
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

drwifey wrote: December 11th, 2021, 6:02 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/preceptsinpractice_11_tucker_128kb.mp3

Total mm:ss = 18:37

Please proof listen and add to collection when ready.
Section 11 is ready for PL. Drwifey, please keep an eye on your recording status. If there are any errors, you'll need to correct them.
Daria

Readers wanted:
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

evangjes wrote: December 11th, 2021, 7:59 pm Hello! May I record section 6?
Evangjes,

Welcome to LibriVox! Yes - I'll be happy to assign you to Chapter 6. Please let me know would you like to be credited in our catalog. Under what name? (some use a nickname or their forum name, some their real name - it's all up to you) Along with your credited name, I can also add a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one.

But before you record, please record and upload a 1-Minute Test. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

You may like also to introduce yourself to the community in the New Here? Introduce Yourself! forum.
Daria

Readers wanted:
evangjes

Post by evangjes »

DariaAM wrote: December 11th, 2021, 8:35 pm
evangjes wrote: December 11th, 2021, 7:59 pm Hello! May I record section 6?
Evangjes,

Welcome to LibriVox! Yes - I'll be happy to assign you to Chapter 6. Please let me know would you like to be credited in our catalog. Under what name? (some use a nickname or their forum name, some their real name - it's all up to you) Along with your credited name, I can also add a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one.

But before you record, please record and upload a 1-Minute Test. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

You may like also to introduce yourself to the community in the New Here? Introduce Yourself! forum.
Here is the link to my test!
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_evangjes.mp3
Eholley

Post by Eholley »

Section 11 a few weird pauses through out most notable at 6:12 to 6:14 and 16:42- 16:44
volume change at 9:17/9:18
no 5 second pause at the end
amulli09

Post by amulli09 »

Hello- Can I read the 'Old Pauper' (section 14) in this collection? Thanks- Ahana
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Eholley wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:29 pm Section 11 a few weird pauses through out most notable at 6:12 to 6:14 and 16:42- 16:44
volume change at 9:17/9:18
no 5 second pause at the end
Eholley, we already have a DPL for this project and she will proof-listen the file. Since you are not the DPL of this project, please do not jump in and proof-listen sections unless the DPL or BC has specifically asked for help with the PLing.
Daria

Readers wanted:
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

amulli09 wrote: December 12th, 2021, 9:51 am Hello- Can I read the 'Old Pauper' (section 14) in this collection? Thanks- Ahana
Thank you, Ahana! I have assigned you to Chapter 14.
Daria

Readers wanted:
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sectıon : PL Notes:

The only absolutely necessary correctıon is the addition of 3 seconds to the silence at the end where, as is, there are only two.

I barely noticed the pauses reported by someone who jumped in and proofed this unasked.

As for the volume change, it lasts from 9:17 to 9:25. If you wish to, you could lower its volume by selecting that bit and using the "Amplify" effect in the negative range--just slightly negative as the change isn't great though it is noticeable. That's only a suggestion, not a requirement. I've heard similar volume changes from what were probably pasted in corrections in professional recordings I've paid for.

The pauses and hesitations here and there sound as if you weren't quite as familiar as you needed to be with the material before recording. If you listen to the recording through again, I think you'll spot them and know the kind of thing to look out for in the future. For future recordings a quick read through at a whisper or sotto voce would help. With practice, you'll improve. :)
Pattymarie