COMPLETE[PLAY]Cynthia's Revels by Ben Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm Strange, looks like I forgot to process it altogether. Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cynthiasrevels_anaides_4_128kb.mp3
thank you, Campbell, all PL ok now. Nice edits. :thumbs:

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Let's see if I'm any closer to what you hope for!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cynthiasrevels_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: August 9th, 2019, 12:17 pm Let's see if I'm any closer to what you hope for!
thank you, Kevin, will check tomorrow. Just a question, is it a completely new recording or just Spot editing ? I ask because it's a lot shorter than the previous one.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: August 9th, 2019, 1:39 pm
KevinS wrote: August 9th, 2019, 12:17 pm Let's see if I'm any closer to what you hope for!
thank you, Kevin, will check tomorrow. Just a question, is it a completely new recording or just Spot editing ? I ask because it's a lot shorter than the previous one.

Sonia
All new. I appreciate your work with the previous recording, but it had not even been edited yet. Perhaps I did not make that clear enough. I think you'll have a better time with this recording.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: August 9th, 2019, 1:47 pm All new. I appreciate your work with the previous recording, but it had not even been edited yet. Perhaps I did not make that clear enough. I think you'll have a better time with this recording.
ok I check it all from the beginning. Thanks for telling me.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok Kevin, I had another listen and yes this is already very good. I still found a few crucial things missing, but all in all, I noticed that you applied most of the corrections that I gave you in the first PL.

Could you please do the following corrections still. As before, start at the end, so the time stamps stay the same ;) and this time, please don't re-record it all, as it will be less work for me to Spot PL. Just include the newly recording sentences in the right spots:

> at 0:01: you forgot the entire intro disclaimer: Act 1 of Cynthia's Revels, or The Fountain of Self-Love, by Ben Jonson. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

> at 2:12: "Moria, read by" - you say "Morphus"

> at about 2:45: there are a dozen voices missing, which were not listed in the Gutenberg text, but you can take them from the MW: Child 1, Child 2, Child 3, Citizen, Citizen's Wife, Tailor, Perfumer, Feather-maker, Jeweler, Milliner, Barber, Prologue and Epilogue

> at 3:11: 3rd child, advancing to the front of the stage - you need to include "3rd child" here as it's in the beginning of the speech. Only leave the name out when it's in the middle or at the end of a speech, as then we know already who is speaking

> at 3:21: at the breaks he takes his tobacco - you only say "break" but there are more breaks in the following speech

> at 4:02: Echo, below: also here, please include "Echo" since it's at the beginning of the speech

> at 4:06: Echo, ascends - same here

> at 4:10: Echo, accompanied - same here

> at 4:14: Echo, retiring - same here

> at 4:36: enter Crites and Asotus - you say "Asostus"

> at about 4:39: "Amorphus aside" - you missed this line

> at about 5:35: we also need an end disclaimer: "End of Act 1"

Thank you !

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I have been editing my lines and making corrections to them. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned this project, it's just been a slow process :oops:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: August 11th, 2019, 8:27 amI have been editing my lines and making corrections to them. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned this project, it's just been a slow process :oops:
thanks for letting us know it's not forgotten ;) and no stress yet, we are still far from finishing. Maybe as soon as you have finished editing one act, you could already upload that one, instead of waiting for all 5 to be finished. That way I can check already one and we may proceed faster.

Thanks

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'm going to begin reading my part soon (I wanted to reread the play first because it's been too long since I previously did so). I see that Asotus has to say the name "Prosaites" more than once and I'm not 100% sure of the pronunciation. I'm guessing it would be Pro-SAY-tees, but I thought I'd better ask first.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: August 11th, 2019, 9:47 amI'm going to begin reading my part soon (I wanted to reread the play first because it's been too long since I previously did so). I see that Asotus has to say the name "Prosaites" more than once and I'm not 100% sure of the pronunciation. I'm guessing it would be Pro-SAY-tees, but I thought I'd better ask first.
yes I think that's how I would have said it myself and I also think that I heard it like that from other readers. But as long as you are consistent in your own reading, then it doesn't matter so much if another reader reads it differently. Also in real life, people may pronounce names differently. ;)

But thanks for asking, and have fun with the role !

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

By gosh, I think I've got it. (Well, maybe)

Please let me know and, if all is okay, I'll get the other acts done immediately.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: August 11th, 2019, 6:25 pm By gosh, I think I've got it. (Well, maybe)
Please let me know and, if all is okay, I'll get the other acts done immediately.
yep, this is PL ok success ! Now we have everything. Good luck with the next acts ! Usually the first act is the most difficult and longest, so fingers crossed the next ones will be easier for you.

Thank you, now Todd has a good basis to start assembling the first act.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: June 14th, 2019, 5:45 am
benderca wrote: June 14th, 2019, 4:26 amMay I play Child 3 pretty please?
summoning your inner child ? ;)

thanks, TJ !

Sonia
You bet! I jus' wanna say, I've got this part all recorded 'n stuff. Jus' need to finish editing. Jus' a little itsy bitsy extension would be great!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm sure I'll make an excellent citizen's wife - what do you think? :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: August 14th, 2019, 5:22 amI'm sure I'll make an excellent citizen's wife - what do you think? :D
Yes I think you could pull this off :mrgreen: thanks, looking forward to the result

please remember to include the Chorus as well.

Sonia