COMPLETE:Incidents of Travel in Central America - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Morning Sue,

24 is Okay.

Yes, all is well in the Gillis household. A very good friend was just surprised at her work by her husband this past Thursday. She had left for lunch, and was called back for an "emergency" meeting with her boss and some customers, got to the meeting and her husband, who had just returned from Afghanistan for 2 weeks of R & R, was waiting for her. She had no clue he was coming home. He's been deployed since last August. It was a beautiful sight.
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Hi Hugh, What a nice, upbeat story about your friends! Thanks for sharing!

Here is the last chapter of Volume 1: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/incidentsoftravelincentralamericavol1_25_stephens.mp3
35:38

I sincerely thank you for your dedication in PLing all the twists and turnings of Vol. 1 :D , and as you suggested, I will PM you when I get volume 2 posted in the new projects window.
Regards,
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Hi Jo, Here is a zip file of the cover for volume 1.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/IncidentsofTravelvol1.zip

It occurrs to me that I shouldn't have been in such a hurry with the cover because I don't think there is a way to make the code for the cover until I have a URL for the catalog page . . . (at least I don't think there is). But I can watch for the cataloging and then send you the code; it's something I know how to do (generate the code).

Your help with this project has been very much appreciated! :D Do you want me to send you a PM when I post volume 2 in the new projects window? or will you see the post anyway? It will be a couple of days from now.

Again, thank you for your varied help; I've noticed an uptick in downloads for my books since you helped me put that " my librivox solos" link into my signature!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Sue,

Yes do send me a PM in case I don't see your post in the LaunchPad. As for the cover, don't worry about the code, I can take care of it. While I'm not a regular in the covers thread anymore, I do still drop by to help out occasionally when I have time, so I'm up on the latest system for uploading and adding these to the catalog page. :)

Glad the link is working out so well!
Jo
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Sue,

Section 25 is okay :clap:

On to Volume 2.

Hugh
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Thanks much, Hugh! By the way, I am DPLing John Reed's Insurgent Mexico and a newcomer to Librivox just signed on for a chapter, whose name is Jonathan Gillis. Is he any relation??
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Sue,

I don't think we are related. But, he could be a long lost cousin. I have my family's genealogy on my website, http://www.hughgillis.com. It's a continuing work in process project I started back in 1999. I have quite a bit of information and photo's to add, just have to hunker down and do it, also need to redesign it, it's somewhat outdated.

Hugh
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Hugh, Nice wedding photo of your folks! The only name I saw on your site that rings a bell is "Roach," my sister's married name; those Roaches were wheat farmers in Western Washington. I don't do much with geneology, but I was fascinated by a recent newspaper article on how to access the 1940 census: 1940census.archives.gov . In less than an hour, I was able to find the entries for both my parents and my husband's parents, mine in Seattle, and his in Brooklyn, and seeing the names of nearby neighbors brought back memories for both of us. It was fun.
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

HughGil

Post by HughGil »

How did I miss this??? :oops: :oops:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Sue on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

http://librivox.org/incidents-of-travel-in-central-america-chiapas-and-yucatan-vol-1-by-john-lloyd-stephens/
Jo
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Jo, Thanks for cataloging! Everything looks fine. And thanks for entering the cover!
Regards,