[COMPLETE]The Life of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Vol. 1, A. W. Thayer - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

The Life of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Vol. 1 by Alexander Wheelock Thayer (1817 - 1897). Translated by Henry Edward Krehbiel (1854 - 1923)
This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/life-of-ludwig-van-beethoven-vol1-by-alexander-wheelock-thayer/
Abandoned project adopted by neecheelok70
The first of three volumes of the first scholarly biography of Ludwig van Beethoven. Covers the years 1770-1802. ( Zain Solinski)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/43591
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of The Life of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Vol. 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Life of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Vol. 1, by Alexander Wheelock Thayer. Translated by Henry Edward Krehbiel (1854 - 1923) [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section [number] of The Life of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Vol. 1 by Alexander Wheelock Thayer. Translated by Henry Edward Krehbiel (1854 - 1923) This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Section title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Life of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Vol. 1, by Alexander Wheelock Thayer. Translated by Henry Edward Krehbiel (1854 - 1923)"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename lifeofbeethoven1_##_thayer_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. lifeofbeethoven1_01_thayer_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      Login with your workflow BC credentials
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hi Jim, I see you are in the adopting mood today. :mrgreen: I can MC this, but for the moment I'll hold back from claiming DPL, because I have quite a lot to do already in that department. Let's see whether we can find another interested party. ;) I know about this project because only a few days ago I did a French soundfile for realisticspeakers who actually does the same project right now. You can race him to the finishing line if you wish ;) (he's got a headstart though LOL)

MW cleared up soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok MW is ready for you. I shortened the file name considerably, also so it won't be the same than in the other project. I don't think it matters, but better be safe than sorry.
I also changed it to "section" instead of chapter, because some chapters may have to be split.

Have fun with Beethoven !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yea! So glad to have you to help me. Thanks you so much! :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 1. Jim :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 9:29 amMay I DPL?
thank you for joining the team, Elijah :) I'll put you up as DPL.

And that means we can move over to Going Solo

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Glad to make your acquaintance, so to speak. Thanks for helping. Jim :D
ej400

Post by ej400 »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 10:37 am Glad to make your acquaintance, so to speak. Thanks for helping. Jim :D
I think we met awhile back in Our Young Folks: Plutarch. Those were some of your first recordings.
Nice to meet you again.
Last edited by ej400 on July 1st, 2019, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Indeed, that was at my beginning. I did recognize your handle, but I do not think I knew you were a prophet. I was also embroiled in all those wonderful Jewish books then. And I remember that both those assignments entailed having to pronounce a lot of names. I must be a glutton for punishment because here again I have chosen something for which I have little idea about the names. I am ok with Beethoven and Handel. Yes, glad to know I know you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 12:54 pmI must be a glutton for punishment because here again I have chosen something for which I have little idea about the names. I am ok with Beethoven and Handel.
fret not, you know I can make you soundfiles for anything that may crop up in there ;) as a matter of fact I already did the French bit for the other project, so if you want to listen to it before you record your version, I can send it to you.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good. Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here is this French excerpt...I think you will need it soon. https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/french_beethoven.mp3
realisticspeakers used this version in his project, but there's no harm in posting it here as reference ;)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

PL notes for section 1:

@ 0:10 You say "Translated by Henry Edward Krehbiel (1854 - 1923)". Does the "1854-1923" need to be included? Because you didn't say when A.W Thayer was born and died, so I'm sort of confused.

@ 30:04 Stumble / Repeat "Elector... Electoral".

Great job reading all those tough words! I would have never made it through without at least thirty mistakes.