Complete [SERMONS] Lectures on Female Scripture Characters, by William Jay-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Ready for Readers Found!
Show these submerged projects some love!
Pascal and the Port Royalists Intellectual biography
A Review of Ecclesiastical History (John Newton)
John Inglesant
DPL
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Over to Readers Found.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

DRomeo wrote: May 8th, 2024, 10:04 am Okay, I made those corrections, I'm not sure about the noise. I hear noises throughout, static or clicks or something, you don't? Wondering if maybe it's my headphones. I'm assuming that if I were submitting this to ACX I would have to fix that noise at 5:30? Just starting out this is my 1st recording, wondering what the differences would be from Librivox to ACX.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/femalescripturecharacters_15_jay_128kb.mp3

I would like to do section 16 next.
Sorry I cannot help you with the questions about ACX.

This is now PL OK.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

The only male voice. :)

This is PL OK.

Thanks,

M
DRomeo

Post by DRomeo »

no worries thank you
Sharpho1

Post by Sharpho1 »

Could I have an extra week to submit the Dorcas sections?

Thank you!

InTheDesert wrote: April 15th, 2024, 9:57 pm
Sharpho1 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 9:29 pm I would like the 2 sections in Dorcas please, 23 and 24.

Thank you!!

HollyAnn
Welcome to Librivox (again), HollyAnn!
It would be great to have you record sections 23-24 for this project (Female Scripture Characters). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit sections 23-24. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Sharpho1

Post by Sharpho1 »

I was able to complete Dorcas Part 1 tonight. I'll try to finish up work on Part 2 tomorrow (section 24), but it might not be until the weekend that I can finish.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/femalescripturecharacters_23_jay_128kb.mp3
16:05

Also, I accidentally uploaded it too soon so there may be 2 earlier versions. I'm still learning. :)

Thanks!
Holly
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sharpho1 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 8:18 pm I was able to complete Dorcas Part 1 tonight. I'll try to finish up work on Part 2 tomorrow (section 24), but it might not be until the weekend that I can finish.

Also, I accidentally uploaded it too soon so there may be 2 earlier versions. I'm still learning. :)

Thanks!
Holly
Extension added!
John Inglesant
DPL
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ccaudio wrote: April 21st, 2024, 2:48 pm
InTheDesert wrote: April 21st, 2024, 1:31 am
Was the a URL for this? I'm conflicted about Danielle's section since it's only missing 2 words but they are important. Ca you upload to a filename like _08b_ so it doesn't overwrite hers? Thanks for thinking about it.
I'm sorry, I may have already submitted as 09 last night. It was quite late, and I don't remember if I finished the upload or not. I have it exported as 09 local, but I didn't have a copied link, or the uploader still open today. I did not realize it would overwrite or I would have asked how to send first.

Here it is as 08b.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/femalescripturecharacters_08b_jay_128kb.mp3
Length 5:23
Since Danielle is not responding to my PMs and appears to have vanished, we'll use your version of section 9 :) MW updated.
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: May 14th, 2024, 1:22 am
ccaudio wrote: April 21st, 2024, 2:48 pm
InTheDesert wrote: April 21st, 2024, 1:31 am
Was the a URL for this? I'm conflicted about Danielle's section since it's only missing 2 words but they are important. Ca you upload to a filename like _08b_ so it doesn't overwrite hers? Thanks for thinking about it.
I'm sorry, I may have already submitted as 09 last night. It was quite late, and I don't remember if I finished the upload or not. I have it exported as 09 local, but I didn't have a copied link, or the uploader still open today. I did not realize it would overwrite or I would have asked how to send first.

Here it is as 08b.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/femalescripturecharacters_08b_jay_128kb.mp3
Length 5:23
Since Danielle is not responding to my PMs and appears to have vanished, we'll use your version of section 9 :) MW updated.
Well read. This is PL OK, assuming the MC is willing to fix the filename.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Sharpho1 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 8:18 pm I was able to complete Dorcas Part 1 tonight. I'll try to finish up work on Part 2 tomorrow (section 24), but it might not be until the weekend that I can finish.

Thanks!
Holly
You did a very nice job with your recording. However, the Bible verses at the beginning were missed.

0:26 please insert before "A gracious woman": Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by
interpretation is called Dorcas : this woman was full of good
works and alms-deeds which she did. And it came to pass in
those days, that she was sick, and died : whom when they had
washed, they laid her in an upper chamber. And forasmuch as
Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that
Peter was tliere, they sent unto him two men, desiring him
that he would not delay to come to them. Then Peter arose
and went with them. When he was come, they brought him
into the upper chamber : and all the widows stood by him
weeping, and showing the coats and garments which Dorcas
made, while she was with them. But Peter put them all forth,
and kneeled down, and prayed ; and turning him to the body,
said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes : and when she
saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand, and lifted
her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive. And it was known throughout all Joppa ; and
many believed in the Lord.

Acts, ix. 36-42.

Thanks,

M
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

mleigh wrote: May 14th, 2024, 6:28 pm

Well read. This is PL OK, assuming the MC is willing to fix the filename.

Thanks,

M
Yes, I will correct the filename during the cataloging process.
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Sharpho1

Post by Sharpho1 »

Thanks M!

I've made the correction (not sure how I missed that!), so hopefully we are good now!

Section 23, Dorcas. 17:14

Thanks,
Holly

mleigh wrote: May 14th, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thanks!
Holly
You did a very nice job with your recording. However, the Bible verses at the beginning were missed.

0:26 please insert before "A gracious woman": Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by
interpretation is called Dorcas : this woman was full of good
works and alms-deeds which she did. And it came to pass in
those days, that she was sick, and died : whom when they had
washed, they laid her in an upper chamber. And forasmuch as
Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that
Peter was tliere, they sent unto him two men, desiring him
that he would not delay to come to them. Then Peter arose
and went with them. When he was come, they brought him
into the upper chamber : and all the widows stood by him
weeping, and showing the coats and garments which Dorcas
made, while she was with them. But Peter put them all forth,
and kneeled down, and prayed ; and turning him to the body,
said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes : and when she
saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand, and lifted
her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive. And it was known throughout all Joppa ; and
many believed in the Lord.

Acts, ix. 36-42.

Thanks,

M
Sharpho1

Post by Sharpho1 »

Here is Section 24: Dorcas Part 2. 19:47

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/femalescripturecharacters_24_jay_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Holly
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Sharpho1 wrote: May 19th, 2024, 7:40 pm Here is Section 24: Dorcas Part 2. 19:47

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/femalescripturecharacters_24_jay_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Holly
Holly,

An excellent reading to finish off this book. You put such a lot of feeling into your voice. Terrific job. Both sections 23 and 24 are PL OK.

Thanks,

M