SOLO [Guide for Catholic Young Women: Especially For Those Who Earn Their Own Living] by [Rev. George Deshon] - rr

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
mmelhart

Post by mmelhart »

section 11 is ready for PL!
in the morning!
mmelhart

Post by mmelhart »

redrun wrote: October 11th, 2023, 11:17 am Alright! We'll see if we get a DPL volunteer within another day or two, and then we'll shuffle on over to the Going Solo forum. :thumbs:
hey in section 15 the word nigger appears, can i say negro instead? pleeeeease?
in the morning!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I'm afraid not.
We have tolerances for errors, but we don't make intentional changes. See our policies on "sensitive topics" and changing the text:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Recording_%26_Text_Policies#LibriVox_and_%22Sensitive%22_Topics

If you feel uncomfortable saying this word (which I certainly didn't expect to see in this book either!), then you may look for someone else to read the section for you. If you're willing to continue with the rest of the book, we can still keep it as mostly-a-solo.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
mmelhart

Post by mmelhart »

Sections 12 and 13 are ready for PL
in the morning!
mmelhart

Post by mmelhart »

redrun wrote: January 13th, 2024, 5:03 pm I'm afraid not.
We have tolerances for errors, but we don't make intentional changes. See our policies on "sensitive topics" and changing the text:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Recording_%26_Text_Policies#LibriVox_and_%22Sensitive%22_Topics

If you feel uncomfortable saying this word (which I certainly didn't expect to see in this book either!), then you may look for someone else to read the section for you. If you're willing to continue with the rest of the book, we can still keep it as mostly-a-solo.
Ok I'll record it
in the morning!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Sounds like a plan. I can't wait until this kind of thing disappears from our sources. :cry:

Bookworm360 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 7:20 pm Hello mmelhart,
All technical specifications are correct; 5 and 7 are PL OK! Sections 6, 8, 9, and 10 just need 3 more seconds of silence at the end. Great reading and very instructive. :clap: My heartiest apologies for not getting to them sooner... :oops:
Hello Bookworm360,
Just in case you hadn't seen the more recent updates, there are several sections ready for PL. I recommend using the 'wrench' button menu at the top of each page to either 'Bookmark' or 'Subscribe' the thread, so you'll get notifications for each post in future.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
mmelhart

Post by mmelhart »

redrun wrote: January 13th, 2024, 5:03 pm I'm afraid not.

I changed my mind, how can I ask someone else to read it?
in the morning!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I'll add it to the 'Orphans list' in Readers Wanted: viewtopic.php?t=140

Before I do that, you may wish to separate section 15, so that someone can sign up for just the one chapter that has the trouble.
mmelhart

Post by mmelhart »

redrun wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:33 am I'll add it to the 'Orphans list' in Readers Wanted: viewtopic.php?t=140

Before I do that, you may wish to separate section 15, so that someone can sign up for just the one chapter that has the trouble.
Okay, I made section 15 just chapter 44
in the morning!
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Everything so far is PL OK though!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

mmelhart wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:58 am
redrun wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:33 am I'll add it to the 'Orphans list' in Readers Wanted: viewtopic.php?t=140

Okay, I made section 15 just chapter 44
Perfect; I've added that section to the Orphans list. We'll see whether we get any takers by the time the other chapters are wrapping up.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Bookworm360 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 12:31 pm Everything so far is PL OK though!
Thanks for getting back to us so promptly! Whenever you have the time, please update the status of the sections you've PL'd in the Magic Window. :)
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Okay, it's updated! Thanks for letting me know about the fact that I can also update the MW.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Do you need someone to read chapter 44?

If so, I can do that. At the end of the first line in the third paragraph, after "Duke of Silesia", I cannot read the word. Suggestions?
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, that's appreciated.
I think that word is "used", making the phrase "used to be".