COMPLETE [History] The Later Middle Ages by R.B. Mowat - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

The Later Middle Ages: A History of Western Europe 1254-1494, by Robert Balmain Mowat (1883 - 1941)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found in our catalog:
https://librivox.org/the-later-middle-ages-a-history-of-western-europe-1254-1494-by-robert-balmain-mowat/

The Scottish historian, Robert Balmain Mowat writes, “When this period opens one of the finest epochs in German history had just closed, and a time of confusion begun.” With the death of the Emperor Frederick II, Germany’s many feudal territories became practically hereditary sovereignties, her Free Imperial Cities almost independent states. But within the walls of these city-states, as in their Italian counterparts, commercial life flourished. During this period the Great Schism divided Christendom and was with infinite difficulty resolved. This was the age of Dante, Boccaccio, and Petrarch, of the Hundred Years’ War, of the rise of Spain, and of the Turkish conquest of Constantinople. (Summary by Pamela Nagami, M.D.)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/latermiddleagesh00mowa

Target completion date: 2024-10-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/War & Military; *Non-fiction/History/Middle Ages/Middle History; *Non-fiction/Political Science; *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: Joan of Arc, Petrarch, Hundred Years' War, Black Prince, Black Death, Edward III, Emperor Frederick II, Guelfs and Ghibellines, Bertrand de Guesclin, John Huss, Great Schism, Knights Templars, Battle of Agincourt, Charles the Bold, King Charles VI, Babylonish Captivity, Henry V of England, Sigismund

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Later Middle Ages: A History of Western Europe 1254-1494. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Later Middle Ages: A History of Western Europe 1254-1494, by Robert Balmain Mowat. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Later Middle Ages, by Robert Balmain Mowat. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Later Middle Ages: A History of Western Europe 1254-1494, by Robert Balmain Mowat."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: latermiddleages_##_mowat_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. latermiddleages_01_mowat_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: redrun

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by pnagami on February 14th, 2024, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Newgatenovelist has graciously consented to DPL this project.

And thank you, LectorRecitator for having suggested it to me.

My best,

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Plugged in, awaiting chapters to listen to!
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright team, I'll be glad join as your MC. Magic Window coming up!

Update: And, it's ready for filling in!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Redrun!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

My pleasure! As the entries are in, and the band is together: off we go to Going Solo!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Redrun!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Erin,

Section 1 is up:

21:33

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/latermiddleages_01_mowat_128kb.mp3

Thanks again for taking this on!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
Newgatenovelist

Hi Pam,

It's my pleasure. And section 1 is PL OK.

Erin
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Erin!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Erin,

Section 2 is up:

23:47

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/latermiddleages_02_mowat_128kb.mp3

Koln is Cologne.

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
Newgatenovelist

Hi Pam,

Section 2 is PL OK. Koln was one of the few I knew, but you're singlehandedly improving my non-existent French and German pronunciation!

Erin
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, Erin!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Sorry, forgot to add the umlaut.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson