[SOLO] The Life of John Taylor by B. H. Roberts - brrot

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

Unfortunately I need to keep this project on the back burner for a bit longer. The two main reasons:
  1. I've learned the hard way that—at least for me—recording two solo projects at once is not a good idea. (My wife told me this early on, and I'm finally coming around to agreeing.) For me, this is just a general rule that would be wise to follow, but right now it's particularly important because...
  2. Life at home is in a state of increasing turmoil. That turmoil is likely to settle some time this year, culminating in a move clear across the country. However, there's no predicting the exact timeframe. Until the dust settles, extra side projects are just going to add to the turmoil.
Long story short, I WILL finish this book. I just need to finish another one first, plus let the dust settle from the current life and family chaos.
Justin S Barrett
http://www.justinsbarrett.com/

Solo: The 116th Battalion in France | The Life of John Taylor
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Jazbees wrote: January 28th, 2024, 3:32 pm Unfortunately I need to keep this project on the back burner for a bit longer. The two main reasons:
  1. I've learned the hard way that—at least for me—recording two solo projects at once is not a good idea. (My wife told me this early on, and I'm finally coming around to agreeing.) For me, this is just a general rule that would be wise to follow, but right now it's particularly important because...
  2. Life at home is in a state of increasing turmoil. That turmoil is likely to settle some time this year, culminating in a move clear across the country. However, there's no predicting the exact timeframe. Until the dust settles, extra side projects are just going to add to the turmoil.
Long story short, I WILL finish this book. I just need to finish another one first, plus let the dust settle from the current life and family chaos.
Ok. No worries ever in regards to me. It's great if you just do a short post each month so everyone knows the project is still alive. Best wishes on ALL your transitions!
Christine
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

Still alive, still on hold.
Justin S Barrett

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Jazbees wrote: March 9th, 2024, 1:32 pm Still alive, still on hold.
Thanks for update.
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

Still on hold. My mother-in-law passed earlier this week, which will lead (very long story short) to us moving across the country. Hoping to re engage in the project after we settle, which will be at least a couple of months down the road.
Justin S Barrett

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Jazbees wrote: Today, 11:19 am Still on hold. My mother-in-law passed earlier this week, which will lead (very long story short) to us moving across the country. Hoping to re engage in the project after we settle, which will be at least a couple of months down the road.
Sorry for your loss. Thanks for continuing to post here. Prayers to you and your family.
Best,
Christine