[FULL][Verse Drama] The Ring of the Nibelung by Richard Wagner - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

dckabir wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 9:30 am
BrianFullen wrote: February 29th, 2024, 12:11 pm
Thank you dc. Your reading of Fricka is beautiful so far as I'm concerned. I have only one request of you and one apology to you.

The request is that you please alter your pronunciation of Wälse in "And Wälse, wolfish" at around 3:07 of your recording. The apology is that I did not ask that Availle include Wälse in the pronunciation guide that she made for us. I think that you handled Wälsung very well in the several instances in which it occurred. I believe Wälsung and Wälse share the same root and differ only in their suffixes -ung and -e. There is an example of a pronunciation of Wälse here, with the German pronunciation on the left, in case it might be useful to you.

Thank you for your help on this project.

Brian
Thank you Brian, I wasn't sure of the pronunciation, should have looked it up :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_fricka_valkyrie.mp3
08:25
Thank you, dc, PL OK!
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

BrianFullen wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 9:38 am
Thank you, dc, PL OK!
phew!! happy that my parts are PL Ok and also to have been a part of this project :9: was really worried about getting the names right in both my sections. I think half of Fricka's passionate dialogue was spent worrying about saying the words right :lol:

Thank you for this project Brian! Its sounding great so far :clap:
dc
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

dckabir wrote: March 4th, 2024, 2:40 am
Thank you, dc, PL OK!
phew!! happy that my parts are PL Ok and also to have been a part of this project :9: was really worried about getting the names right in both my sections. I think half of Fricka's passionate dialogue was spent worrying about saying the words right :lol:

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, dc, I am blessed to have you as a friend.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

BrianFullen wrote: March 4th, 2024, 8:10 pm
dckabir wrote: March 4th, 2024, 2:40 am
Thank you, dc, PL OK!

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, dc, I am blessed to have you as a friend.
🙏
dc
DropDLife

Post by DropDLife »

Section 46 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_siegfried_siegfried.mp3

44:39

Seriously those Hoho Haheis made me a bit nuts...
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

DropDLife wrote: March 5th, 2024, 9:46 pm Section 46 ready for PL:

8-) I'm looking forward to hearing a fearless performance! But it'll have to be tomorrow before I do. Thanks for this.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Seriously, you say? Well, I say that's a seriously brilliant read by you. Spellbinding, James. My hat's off to you.

I am obliged to mention that at 27:41 the word 'never' is missing from the line "that thieves Never may enter and steal".

It's probably needed for the line to make sense.

If you say, as you did, Neidhöhl', at 31:39, I'll assume it's correct because you know more German than I. I've heard it said a few ways in this project and I suppose yours is as good or better than others, because what do I know, really? I wish I'd thought to ask Availle about this one up front.

Thank you for taking on such a challenging role and doing it so very, very well.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

A newer version of https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_08_wagner_128kb.mp3 (Siegfried Act 1) including James' take on Siegfried was uploaded; it now runs for just under 51:20. Please don't listen to it on the MW's Listen to URL. If you want to do so you can hear it on project share here without impacting LV servers.

I must say I love the speed with which Uploader has been doing its uploading thing the last couple of days. Way to go Uploader!
DropDLife

Post by DropDLife »

BrianFullen wrote: March 6th, 2024, 8:58 pm

Seriously, you say? Well, I say that's a seriously brilliant read by you. Spellbinding, James. My hat's off to you.

I am obliged to mention that at 27:41 the word 'never' is missing from the line "that thieves Never may enter and steal".

It's probably needed for the line to make sense.

If you say, as you did, Neidhöhl', at 31:39, I'll assume it's correct because you know more German than I. I've heard it said a few ways in this project and I suppose yours is as good or better than others, because what do I know, really? I wish I'd thought to ask Availle about this one up front.

Thank you for taking on such a challenging role and doing it so very, very well.
Thank you!

No problem I’ll get the fix in. That Neidhöhl was my best effort copying the voice from Google translate; nonetheless I think properly pronouncing any letters with an umlaut is part of the advanced course.
Wildcard

Post by Wildcard »

Hi Brian

Sorry this has taken so long - busy with exams recently I'm afraid. But now I've finished the extra bits at the end of Rheingold and also Twilight for Wogline/Rheinmaidens. Hope OK... i've really enjoyed doing it.

niblung_woglinde_rheingold.mp3
06m 45s

niblung_woglinde_twilight.mp3
03m 40s

thanks,

Wildcard (Amelia)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Wildcard wrote: March 10th, 2024, 6:39 am Hi Brian

Sorry this has taken so long - busy with exams recently I'm afraid. But now I've finished the extra bits at the end of Rheingold and also Twilight for Wogline/Rheinmaidens. Hope OK... i've really enjoyed doing it.

niblung_woglinde_rheingold.mp3
06m 45s

niblung_woglinde_twilight.mp3
03m 40s

thanks,

Wildcard (Amelia)
Hello Amelia,

Seems to me that you have your priorities in their proper order and your timing for completing Woglinde is just right so far as I'm concerned. Both recordings are PL OK and I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed contributing to this project.

Best regards,
Brian

-- I wish I had guerdons to offer as reward for your fine work but I'm afraid my thanks will have to suffice. (Truth be told, I had no idea what guerdon meant until proofing your recording and now that I know I felt obliged to use it in a sentence. How'd I do? :lol: )
Wildcard

Post by Wildcard »

I had no idea what guerdon meant until proofing your recording and now that I know I felt obliged to use it in a sentence. How'd I do? :lol: )
Nor me! Still don't but they sound delicious :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:25 pm Good evening!
In an effort to give PLing a try I listend to Scene 3.
I enjoyed myself immensely listening to the performances.
This is what I found:
A revised https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_03_wagner_128kb.mp3 (21:31.83) has been uploaded and is now ready for Spot PL.
11:34 Alberichs Text and Narrators commentary are switched:

ALBERICH
[Looks long and distrustfully at Wotan and Loge.
What seek ye here?
Addressed: 11:31 - 11:38
12:22 Loge
Or what hadst thou fashioned
I hear
Or what had thou fashioned
Addressed: 12:20 - 12:23
13:52
The word „caverns“ ist damaged
Addressed: 13:51 - 13:54
13:59 Alberich:
And win the whole world and its fairness.
„whole“ is missing
Addressed: 13:59 - 14:02
15:19 Alberich:
the Nibelung hoard
I hear:
The NibelHUNG hoard
Addressed: 15:18 - 15:20
17:19 Alberich:
I always am there
I hear
My always am there
Addressed: 17:19 - 17:22
21:11 Narrator:
Narrator says
thee prisoner
instead of
the prisoner
(as if prisoner began with a vowel)
Addressed: 21:10 - 21:13
I am really impressed by the Scene!

AliceStein
Thank you.
AliceStein

Post by AliceStein »

BrianFullen wrote: March 13th, 2024, 10:59 am
A revised https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_03_wagner_128kb.mp3 (21:31.83) has been uploaded and is now ready for Spot PL.

Spot PL Ok! :thumbs:

AliceStein
Ein Himmel mir und dir!
Insta:@librivox_readerette
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: March 13th, 2024, 11:34 am
BrianFullen wrote: March 13th, 2024, 10:59 am

Spot PL Ok! :thumbs:

AliceStein
Thank you!