Plays and other dramatic works
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Added those too, thanks! PL will begin later this evening, and the finished product... well, let's just say I'll start straight into editing this one as soon as I finish book 2. See if I can keep the momentum going. :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Nice job, yeah, keep it up.
I like the way the script is done for this one - the easiest and clearest I've seen so far.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ShellyW wrote: February 9th, 2024, 4:03 pm Nice job, yeah, keep it up.
I like the way the script is done for this one - the easiest and clearest I've seen so far.
Hi, Shelly :)

BCs all make scripts the way that works best for them. Different priorities will greatly affect the way the scripts appear to readers. Some BCs prioritize appearance, others prioritize the amount of time needed to make them, others prioritize ease-of-use for recording or for editing - or something else, altogether!

That's why you'll see different configurations amongst the various DR projects. :)

Same goes for the way a BC likes to set up their MW for the project - it just all depends on what need or aesthetic they most want to "cater" to.

If you like puzzles, it gives entertainment value to find the pattern for whatever DR you're messing around in. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ShellyW wrote: February 9th, 2024, 3:44 pm Hopefully these are good to go. Can't wait to listen to the finished product. :clap:
Well, they all are! All chapters for Chet Morton are PL OK! :thumbs:
Well done, with an incorrigible Chet, and thank you very much for lending us your time and voice!

And I'll echo what Lynette said: both scripts and MW setup are somewhat individual, but I'm glad this combination worked as well for you as for me. I want to say that this script format was the easiest for me to check for correctness of the text and the labels for character lines, but that would just be tempting fate! :lol:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

LCaulkins wrote: February 9th, 2024, 4:09 pm
ShellyW wrote: February 9th, 2024, 4:03 pm Nice job, yeah, keep it up.
Hi, Shelly :)

BCs all make scripts the way that works best for them. Different priorities will greatly affect the way the scripts appear to readers. Some BCs prioritize appearance, others prioritize the amount of time needed to make them, others prioritize ease-of-use for recording or for editing - or something else, altogether!

That's why you'll see different configurations amongst the various DR projects. :)

Same goes for the way a BC likes to set up their MW for the project - it just all depends on what need or aesthetic they most want to "cater" to.

If you like puzzles, it gives entertainment value to find the pattern for whatever DR you're messing around in. :lol:
I get it. I just finished preparing my own "script" for a few sections of "Five Little Peppers" from the Gutenberg text. I can see how doing that for an entire DR project would be way more time consuming than most BCs would want to deal with. (What does MW stand for?) Doing it myself makes me feel like I am helping a little with one of the tedious parts of the job. I did look at some of the guidelines for PLs and was a little overwhelmed, so it may be a while before I'm ready for that job :wink:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

Back to recording

Erik
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ShellyW wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:32 am I get it. I just finished preparing my own "script" for a few sections of "Five Little Peppers" from the Gutenberg text. I can see how doing that for an entire DR project would be way more time consuming than most BCs would want to deal with. (What does MW stand for?) Doing it myself makes me feel like I am helping a little with one of the tedious parts of the job. I did look at some of the guidelines for PLs and was a little overwhelmed, so it may be a while before I'm ready for that job :wink:
MW stands for "Magic Window", the box in the middle of the first post. It shows the roles or chapters, and I as Book Coordinator keep it up to date with our progress.

For Five Little Peppers, in particular, you may be interested to hear that Elijah (forum name 'ej400') is looking to do a Dramatic Reading of the whole book soonish! Lynette ('LCaulkins') just started a thread for folks to share what they're working on here:
viewtopic.php?t=101627

Running a whole DR is probably out of reach for now, but if you wanted to do just a chapter or two of a longer book (either Five Little Peppers or something else!), then we have a "DR Scene and Story Collection" that hosts that kind of project. I'd advise participating in more plays and DRs, seeing how they run and what kind of feedback is given. When you feel you'd like to try your hand, you can post here to work out how to go about it:
viewtopic.php?t=40887
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you Erik, I'll get things updated and PL'd soon!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Priamedes wrote: February 10th, 2024, 11:09 am Here's 15 and 16 for Joe!
Chapters 15 and 16 for Joe: PL OK! :thumbs:
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

redrun wrote: February 10th, 2024, 11:26 am
ShellyW wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:32 am I get it. I just finished preparing my own "script" for a few sections of "Five Little Peppers" from the Gutenberg text. I can see how doing that for an entire DR project would be way more time consuming than most BCs would want to deal with. (What does MW stand for?) Doing it myself makes me feel like I am helping a little with one of the tedious parts of the job. I did look at some of the guidelines for PLs and was a little overwhelmed, so it may be a while before I'm ready for that job :wink:
MW stands for "Magic Window", the box in the middle of the first post. It shows the roles or chapters, and I as Book Coordinator keep it up to date with our progress.

For Five Little Peppers, in particular, you may be interested to hear that Elijah (forum name 'ej400') is looking to do a Dramatic Reading of the whole book soonish! Lynette ('LCaulkins') just started a thread for folks to share what they're working on here:
viewtopic.php?t=101627

Running a whole DR is probably out of reach for now, but if you wanted to do just a chapter or two of a longer book (either Five Little Peppers or something else!), then we have a "DR Scene and Story Collection" that hosts that kind of project. I'd advise participating in more plays and DRs, seeing how they run and what kind of feedback is given. When you feel you'd like to try your hand, you can post here to work out how to go about it:
viewtopic.php?t=40887
Wow thank you for the fun and useful information!
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, queued for PL!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Priamedes wrote: February 17th, 2024, 10:19 am 17-21 for Joe
17-21: PL OK! :thumbs:
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

Back to recording

Erik