EDITING [DR][Hardy Boys #3] The Secret of the Old Mill - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

redrun wrote: February 6th, 2024, 2:20 pm
JHedrick wrote: February 6th, 2024, 1:20 pm I can do that for you. I already did Carl Stummer, a yokel, in 6 and 14 as a character voice. Chet would be different, but I understand not wanting the same reader in the same chapter, so perhaps find another Stummer or wait for another Chet? Whatever you decide :)
Looks like MacBane would also overlap, but it may be easier to cast the both of them as the larger role of Chet. But I'm sure someone will come along either way, so: which would you prefer?

I'm glad there's no overlap with Chief Collig, I'd really hate to give you up for that role! :lol:
I had forgotten McBane.

Let’s see who else might want to read. I will just sit back for the time being.
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

I would love to give your orphaned Chet Morton role a try. I think I could even make him sound like a teenaged boy :lol:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ShellyW wrote: February 6th, 2024, 2:47 pm I would love to give your orphaned Chet Morton role a try. I think I could even make him sound like a teenaged boy :lol:
Thank you Shelly, I'll look forward to hearing it! Updating the MW now. :mrgreen:
JHedrick wrote: February 6th, 2024, 2:44 pm Let’s see who else might want to read. I will just sit back for the time being.
And thank you, Jim. Looks like you made the right call, and the timing couldn't have been better! :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Nice!! I went ahead and recorded the first chapter

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/secretoftheoldmill_3_chetmorton.mp3
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Off to the races! Queued for PL - Thursday, if not tonight. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ShellyW wrote: February 6th, 2024, 3:51 pm Nice!! I went ahead and recorded the first chapter

Oh, we are certainly having fun with this one! I appreciate the sniffs and chuckles as appropriate, thank you for going that extra mile. It will not be in vain. :mrgreen:

Only one change needed for this file:
@1:49 (near the end of your first line on page 2), I hear silence in place of "Isn't it lucky?" before continuing with "Congratulations".

Then just a reminder to leave at least 3 seconds of silence between all the lines as you go -
the more consistent that spacing is, the more time I save in editing. 8-)

Thanks again for signing up as our Chet, and I look forward to hearing more!
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

OK here's the corrected file. Thanks! Do people call you redrun? Dramatic Finish?

Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ShellyW wrote: February 7th, 2024, 7:39 am OK here's the corrected file. Thanks! Do people call you redrun? Dramatic Finish?

Got that phrase, thank you! Chapter 3 for Chet Morton is PL OK! :thumbs:

Yes, folks call me redrun - but I see where the confusion might come from!
I picture "Dramatic Finish" as a small classified ad. Some folks put their name in their forum signature. Others put links to projects they're reading or coordinating. I tend to put dramatic projects (whether I'm directly involved or not) that just need a little help to cross the finish line. :wink:
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Oh! I love it!
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, queued for PL. :D
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ShellyW wrote: February 8th, 2024, 7:03 am Here's chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/secretoftheoldmill_5_chetmorton.mp3
Very well done again, thank you! Chapter 5 for Chet Morton is PL OK! :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Excellent, thank you. Queued for PL!
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Shelly
Shellyweingart.com