COMPLETE - The Bible History Vol 4: Israel under Samuel, Saul, and David, to the Birth of Solomon, by A. Edersheim - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

hdevlin wrote: November 26th, 2023, 6:21 pm I would like to claim sections 4 and 7. :clap:
-Hailee Devlin
Welcome to Librivox, Hailee!
It would be great to have you record sections 4,7 for this project (The Bible History). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Leganto wrote: November 26th, 2023, 7:13 pm It would be no trouble for me to increase the levels and reupload with no other changes. Would you like for me to do that?
Not needed! It's just a warning in case a future section gets any softer.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Can I read sections 9 and 10?

- Jennifer
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Leganto wrote: November 26th, 2023, 11:21 pm Can I read sections 9 and 10?

- Jennifer
Done!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
hdevlin

Post by hdevlin »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Hansen1021

Post by Hansen1021 »

hdevlin

Post by hdevlin »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_07_edersheim_128kb.mp3

Section 7
13:19
Ready for PL

*If it is at all possible for sections 4 and 7 to be reviewed and PL OKed before 11:59 pm Sunday I would greatly appreciate it. They are due as an assignment and I did not realize how long the vetting process could be. I will be watching the thread for updates. Thank you so much,

Hailee Devlin
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

hdevlin wrote: December 1st, 2023, 2:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_07_edersheim_128kb.mp3

Section 7
Ready for PL

*If it is at all possible for sections 4 and 7 to be reviewed and PL OKed before 11:59 pm Sunday I would greatly appreciate it. They are due as an assignment and I did not realize how long the vetting process could be. I will be watching the thread for updates. Thank you so much,

Hailee Devlin
Hi Hailee, I moved these to the top of my listening queue for you. You might also need to have a look at this webpage in case it's relevant.

You have a clear confident reading voice. I wish there was a bit more time to sort out things with your microphone. It is a bit muffled (though listenable). Is it a bluetooth microphone?

I have marked both sections as needing some edits. At the start of many sentences, the volume was boosted and then droppped. I think you should run the whole thing through a compressor to try to compensate for this. My guess is that it's caused by a kind of automatic compressor on your microphone. There was also a buzz in those parts though it's within the limits of what is acceptable for Librivox.
hdevlin

Post by hdevlin »

InTheDesert wrote: December 1st, 2023, 9:31 pm
hdevlin wrote: December 1st, 2023, 2:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_07_edersheim_128kb.mp3

Section 7
Ready for PL

Hailee Devlin
Hi Hailee, I moved these to the top of my listening queue for you. You might also need to have a look at this webpage in case it's relevant.

You have a clear confident reading voice. I wish there was a bit more time to sort out things with your microphone. It is a bit muffled (though listenable). Is it a bluetooth microphone?

I have marked both sections as needing some edits. At the start of many sentences, the volume was boosted and then droppped. I think you should run the whole thing through a compressor to try to compensate for this. My guess is that it's caused by a kind of automatic compressor on your microphone. There was also a buzz in those parts though it's within the limits of what is acceptable for Librivox.

Thank you for your guidance, I am using a wired microphone a Shure SM7B. I will work on figuring out the buzz for future recordings. I have run the files through a noise gate to reduce the buzz and also ran them through a compressor as recommended to normalize the volume peaks. Files have been re-uploaded and are ready for your review again. Thank you so much for moving these to the top of your listening queue. I uploaded the files with the same names.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_04_edersheim_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_07_edersheim_128kb.mp3
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sections 4 & 7 are PL OK!

A Shure SM7B is an extremely high end microphone and I'm pretty certain that it doesn't sound like your recording! Are you certain you selected the correct input/mic when recording?

Anyway, PL OK!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 1 PL Notes:
Well read.
  • 00:01 Max 1 second of silence at the start of the track please!
  • 18:55 Repeat (lofty)
  • 21:28 We need 5 exactly seconds of silence at the end of the track (as close as you can make it).
For fastest spot checks, you can copy these notes and change the timestamps to the new time so I know where to check.
Hansen1021

Post by Hansen1021 »

InTheDesert wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 2:42 pm
Section 1 PL Notes:
Well read.
  • 00:01 Max 1 second of silence at the start of the track please!
  • 18:55 Repeat (lofty)
  • 21:28 We need 5 exactly seconds of silence at the end of the track (as close as you can make it).
For fastest spot checks, you can copy these notes and change the timestamps to the new time so I know where to check.
Sigh... 21:28, isn't that always the way? You think you've got it down pat, and then boom, there's missing five seconds. I also shrank the beginning down, and removed the lofty repeat (Not even sure *how* that got there). Here's the revised version.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_01_edersheim_128kb.mp3
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Section 9 uploaded.

Length: 15:11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_09_edersheim_128kb.mp3

- Jennifer