COMPLETE - The Bible History Vol 4: Israel under Samuel, Saul, and David, to the Birth of Solomon, by A. Edersheim - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 12 is PL OK!
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): Watch the filename. It should be bh4samuel_12_edersheim_128kb.mp3 instead of bh4samuel_12_edersheim_128.mp3.
  • 18:34 Note (no change needed): Watch beep
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
Markjeremys

Post by Markjeremys »

I'm happy to do section 15.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Markjeremys wrote: February 10th, 2024, 12:11 pm I'm happy to do section 15.
Welcome to Librivox, Mark!
It would be great to have you record section 15 for this project (Bible History). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit section 15. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
classicallytofu

Post by classicallytofu »

InTheDesert wrote: December 18th, 2023, 9:43 pm
classicallytofu wrote: December 18th, 2023, 8:40 pm Hi, could I have Section 19, please?
Welcome to Librivox, classicallytofu!
It would be great to have you record section 19 for this project (The Bible History). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_19_edersheim_128kb.mp3!
Airplanes are beautiful, cursed dreams, waiting for the sky to swallow them up.
- The Wind Rises
mwinn

Post by mwinn »

Here is Chapter 18

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/bh4samuel_18_edersheim_128kb.mp3
14:36

Herky jerky. Much respect to all you vets who make this sound easy. I look forward to the next challenge.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 18 PL Notes:
Well read.
  • 00:00 The volume of this track is 83.31dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 6dB.
  • 00:00 Librivox needs mono files but this is stereo.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): I could hear some background noise (not a steady noise but some irregular sounds). You might want to look into increasing the source volume (moving closer to the microphone or making sure the microphone is at full volume) or choosing a quieter space to record. Different microphones pick up different levels of background noise. The noise is within what is acceptable for a Librivox recording but I just thought I should mention it.
  • 14:36 We need 5 exactly seconds of silence at the end of the track (as close as you can make it).
mwinn

Post by mwinn »

InTheDesert wrote: February 21st, 2024, 8:59 am
Section 18 PL Notes:
Well read.
  • 00:00 The volume of this track is 83.31dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 6dB.
  • 00:00 Librivox needs mono files but this is stereo.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): I could hear some background noise (not a steady noise but some irregular sounds). You might want to look into increasing the source volume (moving closer to the microphone or making sure the microphone is at full volume) or choosing a quieter space to record. Different microphones pick up different levels of background noise. The noise is within what is acceptable for a Librivox recording but I just thought I should mention it.
  • 14:36 We need 5 exactly seconds of silence at the end of the track (as close as you can make it).
Thanks.

I will gladly do it again, thank you for your patience and explanations. I had already set the Loudness Normalization as you suggested on my 1-minute test, and it seemed to me like that was still set (-19) .. but I will mess with it and ask any questions if I have them.
Sorry about the Stereo, again I thought I had set this already, I'll double check that as I go also. MY BAD :) sorry for burning your time on this, I'll get it right and have my act together going forward. I hope
Sad I work in IT and still get stumped by new (unfamiliar) tech like this
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mwinn wrote: February 21st, 2024, 9:37 am Thanks.

I will gladly do it again, thank you for your patience and explanations. I had already set the Loudness Normalization as you suggested on my 1-minute test, and it seemed to me like that was still set (-19) .. but I will mess with it and ask any questions if I have them.
Sorry about the Stereo, again I thought I had set this already, I'll double check that as I go also. MY BAD :) sorry for burning your time on this, I'll get it right and have my act together going forward. I hope
Sad I work in IT and still get stumped by new (unfamiliar) tech like this
No problem. For Loudness Normalization, you have to run it every time on your track.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

classicallytofu

Post by classicallytofu »

InTheDesert wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 6:52 pm
Section 19 is PL OK! Well read.
Thank you!
Airplanes are beautiful, cursed dreams, waiting for the sky to swallow them up.
- The Wind Rises
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

Belinda
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: October 4th, 2023, 12:00 pm This is set up. :)
Hi Tricia, could you add these tags for me?
authorised version,beth-shemesh,bible,bible -- chronology,bible -- history,bible -- history of biblical events,bible -- history of biblical events -- handbooks manuals etc,bible -- history of biblical events -- o.t,bible -- history of biblical events -- textbooks,bible -- o.t -- history of biblical events,bible -- old testament -- history of biblical events,bible stories,book of samuel,king david,eben-ezer,gath,gibeah,gilgal,history of biblical events,hophni and phinehas,israel,jehovah,jews -- history,jews -- history -- to 586 b.c.,jews -- history -- to 586 b.c. -- study and teaching,keilah,king,levite,michmash,mizpeh,nahash,nazarite,old testament,philistines,phinehas,prophet,sacred,samuel,saul,spirit of elohim,ziklag
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, done. There were some duplicates with those added before; I think that's what caused it to hang on me.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: March 12th, 2024, 8:50 am OK, done. There were some duplicates with those added before; I think that's what caused it to hang on me.
Sorry about that. In the future, I should be able to get them all correct from the start. I'm just trying to catch up with already launched projects.