[COMPLETE] The New Science of Controlled Breathing, Vol. 1 and 2, by Edward Lankow - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

COMPLETE This book can now be accessed at https://librivox.org/the-new-science-of-controlled-breathing-vol-1-and-2-by-edward-lankow/
Marty7766 wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:45 pm
brownrottger wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:37 pm Section 1 is PL ok. I am sooo excited for this!! My obsessed brain's first thought was "I wonder if this will make my Librivox recordings better?" :lol: :lol: Thank you for finding these books and bringing me along with you on this journey!
Best,
Christine
Lol! I know. I'm right there with you! I NEVER have to edit breath sounds now. When I began, it was constant...now to get rid of those mouth clicks!
I listened to one of your sections, yesterday. I think you are wonderful! What type of mic do you use?
OMG Thank you for this! I use a Yeti Nano with a Pop Filter. Both from Amazon.If you want some Stoic Philosophy, I did Epictetus as a solo. 8-)
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

brownrottger wrote: October 4th, 2023, 2:05 pm
Marty7766 wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:45 pm
brownrottger wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:37 pm Section 1 is PL ok. I am sooo excited for this!! My obsessed brain's first thought was "I wonder if this will make my Librivox recordings better?" :lol: :lol: Thank you for finding these books and bringing me along with you on this journey!
Best,
Christine
Lol! I know. I'm right there with you! I NEVER have to edit breath sounds now. When I began, it was constant...now to get rid of those mouth clicks!
I listened to one of your sections, yesterday. I think you are wonderful! What type of mic do you use?
OMG Thank you for this! I use a Yeti Nano with a Pop Filter. Both from Amazon.If you want some Stoic Philosophy, I did Epictetus as a solo. 8-)
Oooo. I'll have to look that up!👍
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

section 2 is ready for PL :thumbs:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Amen! Section 2 is PL ok. So glad you are the voice of this book. Your reading is so very clear and expressive. Ok, I am sold. Hopefully he will get down to the nitty gritty instructions in the next volume. Also glad you are doing vol 1 and 2 in the same project.Best,
Christine
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

brownrottger wrote: October 7th, 2023, 1:05 pm Amen! Section 2 is PL ok. So glad you are the voice of this book. Your reading is so very clear and expressive. Ok, I am sold. Hopefully he will get down to the nitty gritty instructions in the next volume. Also glad you are doing vol 1 and 2 in the same project.Best,
Christine
Oh my! Thank you for your kind words!! I cannot tell you how much they mean to me. I want to be good at this! Always looking for ways to improve...thus books on developing the breath.

When recording, how to handle references to photographs or illustrations, such as " see photograph 1"? Do we just omit them?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Marty7766 wrote: October 7th, 2023, 3:12 pm
brownrottger wrote: October 7th, 2023, 1:05 pm Amen! Section 2 is PL ok. So glad you are the voice of this book. Your reading is so very clear and expressive. Ok, I am sold. Hopefully he will get down to the nitty gritty instructions in the next volume. Also glad you are doing vol 1 and 2 in the same project.Best,
Christine
Oh my! Thank you for your kind words!! I cannot tell you how much they mean to me. I want to be good at this! Always looking for ways to improve...thus books on developing the breath.

When recording, how to handle references to photographs or illustrations, such as " see photograph 1"? Do we just omit them?
I would omit them but it is always your choice as BC and Soloist. :D
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

section 3 ready for PL :thumbs:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Marty7766 wrote: October 8th, 2023, 8:22 am section 3 ready for PL :thumbs:
Great! In line for PL.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 3 is PL ok. Yay! I'm gonna start these tomorrow along with my morning yoga practice! How about you? Also, yay for mouth taping!!
Congrats on completing this book. I will catalogue it tomorrow (will you provide some search tags?) since I need to go get my beauty rest now with my mouth shut.
Best,
Christine
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

brownrottger wrote: October 8th, 2023, 7:22 pm Section 3 is PL ok. Yay! I'm gonna start these tomorrow along with my morning yoga practice! How about you? Also, yay for mouth taping!!
Congrats on completing this book. I will catalogue it tomorrow (will you provide some search tags?) since I need to go get my beauty rest now with my mouth shut.
Best,
Christine
WooHoo! Yes, I start the exercises tomorrow! A few days ago, I added some key words that describe the book. Is that what you mean by search tags? If so, we're all set!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Marty7766 wrote: October 8th, 2023, 8:04 pm
brownrottger wrote: October 8th, 2023, 7:22 pm Section 3 is PL ok. Yay! I'm gonna start these tomorrow along with my morning yoga practice! How about you? Also, yay for mouth taping!!
Best,
Christine
WooHoo! Yes, I start the exercises tomorrow! A few days ago, I added some key words that describe the book. Is that what you mean by search tags? If so, we're all set!
I didn't see that you added that. We are all set.
I'll be doing this today!
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

brownrottger wrote: October 9th, 2023, 4:42 am
Marty7766 wrote: October 8th, 2023, 8:04 pm
Best,
Christine
I didn't see that you added that. We are all set.
I'll be doing this today!
Great! Very exciting! Thank you so much for all of your help!
You know, I didn't use "Edward Lankow" as a key word...perhaps add that?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

This book is now complete: All audiofiles can be accessed at https://librivox.org/the-new-science-of-controlled-breathing-vol-1-and-2-by-edward-lankow/
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Great job Martha! A book for posterity! No need to add authors' names as a search tab as their name is automatically searchable.
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

brownrottger wrote: October 9th, 2023, 7:06 am Great job Martha! A book for posterity! No need to add authors' names as a search tab as their name is automatically searchable.
Thanks so much!!