Brain Fog and trying to set-up

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
nit24

Post by nit24 »

Hi all,

I'm trying to get set up with LibriVox and do an audio recording. I do not know if I properly interpreted the instructions, but I read them to the best of my ability with the brain fog that I am having with my debilitating fatigue. I am confused as to why I cannot use my AirPods or computer speakers/microphone to record as long as the background noise is reduced and I edit it in Audacity. For people here with brain fog or severe fatigue, is it a good idea to volunteer with LibriVox in general when I'm having a very hard time interpreting what I'm reading on the wiki? If it's a 1-time thing I think it will be alright as long as I pace myself, but if I repeatedly have to follow complex instructions I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. Thank you in advance!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Airpods or computer microphones usually do not give a very high quality recording, so we don't recommend them. However, if yours give a decent sound, you could use them.

I started on a cheap headphone microphone, so it certainly can be done!

As for your brain-fog and fatigue, take it slowly and keep asking questions. There's no rush.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I would say to try (if possible) to time your first attempt(s) on a day and at a time when you can be reasonably sure of feeling less foggy than usual. Each time you do some part of the process (recording, editing, uploading), it will make it a little easier to do it the next time. There are even some things that you only have to do one time, ever, and then after that your computer settings will already be where you want them the next time! The first time is the hardest, but if you can get over that hump, I think you will find it to be much easier going.