[COMPLETE] Essays Collection #01 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 20th, 2024, 9:16 am In a collection like this all recordings are individually searchable, a work will be linked to its author, and it will come up in a "title" search for any word contained in its section title. It will be visible on the Author's page in the catalogue, but it will not come up in a "keyword" search for the author's name. By "keyword" search, I mean the "keywords" box in the Advanced Search form.

For instance, if the section title is "The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin", the recording will come up in a search in the search box on the home page for terms like "origin", "Charles Darwin", "species", etc.
In the Advanced Search form, the "keywords" search only looks into the keywords, but I would use keywords to describe the topics presented in a work, rather than the author, unless it's an autobiography :mrgreen:

Basically the main search box on the Home Page searches into titles, authors and readers. And the keywords we add are used in the "Keywords" search in the Advanced Search (and also in an archive.org search)
Thanks for the explanation. I never use the Advanced Search feature, so now i know more about it. In future, I will keep notes of keywords as I PL. For this version, I didn't, and as I'm really busy, I'll have to let it stand as is.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

That's fine! Is the Magic Window ready regarding ordering the files? If so, I will take care of the missing authors and commence with cataloguing.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Just seeing this before bedtime! Yes, I am satisfied with the order, so forge ahead.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Here we are! https://librivox.org/essays-collection-vol-01-by-various/

Congratulations everyone! :clap: :clap:

Next Essays Collection is open here: viewtopic.php?t=102136