Download failure

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Stella Maris - new project (Simon Evers reading) doesn't download. I tried it three days, three devices.. it begins to download, slows to 1MB every 10 seconds, then freezes. This happens both with single chapters and the whole project.

Just thought I'd mention it.
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

A couple days ago I downloaded the 128kb MP3 files for my personal use.

I did try downloading the 64kb Zip file tonight, but it was taking a long time, so I gave up on it. But I've uploaded a Zip of the 128kb files to Google Drive, if you want to download from there:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18j28nxFE1aCy131rOn-HdRbN076G-Gbp/view?usp=sharing

This is over 550MB, so it's a big file.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Thanks, TG.

I just tried again, and it's coming, though very slowly.

8-)
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!
zachh

Post by zachh »

I've been trying to download this book for over a week now. I've tried at least 20 times. Sometimes it downloads in under a minute, sometimes it says it will take 20 minutes or an hour, but always right in the last second it fails and I get a message that says the network connection was lost. So far in September I have been able to download two audiobooks, out of at least 100 attempts. I don't know how to reach anyone at IA or if they are aware that the download option is still not working like it always used to.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

zachh wrote: September 19th, 2023, 5:35 am I've been trying to download this book for over a week now. I've tried at least 20 times. Sometimes it downloads in under a minute, sometimes it says it will take 20 minutes or an hour, but always right in the last second it fails and I get a message that says the network connection was lost. So far in September I have been able to download two audiobooks, out of at least 100 attempts. I don't know how to reach anyone at IA or if they are aware that the download option is still not working like it always used to.
What book is it, and what format? I could try from my end.

Last I heard, Archive is aware of the issue and trying to fix it.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. The book is the one the OP mentioned, Stella Maris by William John Locke read by Simon Evers. It's currently near the top of page 2 of Completed Projects. I was trying to download the whole book, which is the top button at least on my computer screen.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Bummer that I deleted my Google Drive file of the 128kb MP3s just a couple days ago (and emptied my trash)!

The 64kb zip downloaded fine for me. Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TWLWULbs8FGiYA-9FCsaMJca41U8wFzm/view?usp=sharing
zachh

Post by zachh »

That was very kind of you. I was able to download the book from your link in about 40 seconds and it came in perfectly. Thank you very much. I imagine that IA will figure out what's going on eventually.