FULL [Poetry] The Poems of Madison Cawein by Madison Cawein [1865-1914] - rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
wib66

Post by wib66 »

The Poems of Madison Cawein, by Madison Cawein (1865 - 1914)
A collection of poems by Madison Cawein. It has been said that his vocation to poetry was irresistable. (Summary by Michele Eaton)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55049

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: Poetry; Poetry/Single author
Keywords that describe the book:
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section say:
"Preface and Introduction to The Poems of Madison Cawein Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Preface."

End of first recording say:
"End of Preface and Introduction." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name."]

For subsequent sections say:
" Title of Poem by Madison Cawein. Read for Librivox.org by your name."

End of recording say:
"End of poem. This recording is in the Public Domain."

If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Poems of Madison Cawein."

Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.
Please note the filenames from 0 to 99 will need to be three digits. For example section 15 would be 015 section 99 would be 099
Filename: poemsvol1_###_cawein_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. poemsvol1_001_cawein_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by wib66 on September 14th, 2023, 8:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will also be DPL on this project thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Michele

Glad to see these being done, I have been thinking of doing them myself. I shall claim quite a few if I am allowed to :wink:

As most of the poems are quite short would it not be better to use the short poetry intro/disclaimer rather than the full one every time? It is used for most poetry collections on LV.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 7th, 2023, 3:22 am Hi Michele

Glad to see these being done, I have been thinking of doing them myself. I shall claim quite a few if I am allowed to :wink:

As most of the poems are quite short would it not be better to use the short poetry intro/disclaimer rather than the full one every time? It is used for most poetry collections on LV.
Hi Alan happy for you to claim as many as you like as there are quite a few. Didn't know about the short poetry intro/disclaimer. Where would I find this please?
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Suggested pattern for intro/outro (or some variant on):

"Preface/Introduction to The Poems of Madison Cawein. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Preface."
End of recording say:
"End of Preface/Introduction." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name."]
End of recording say:
This is what I use on my poetry collections as do others like Larry Wilson.
Alan
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 7th, 2023, 8:20 am Suggested pattern for intro/outro (or some variant on):

"Preface/Introduction to The Poems of Madison Cawein. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Preface."
End of recording say:
"End of Preface/Introduction." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name."]
End of recording say:
This is what I use on my poetry collections as do others like Larry Wilson.
That's great thank you I will edit the first post.
Michele
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Michele! I am a bit over my limit with my current projects, but I don't want to pass up the opportunity to work with you on a poetry project. :D
Let me MC this! I'll go get you a Magic Window.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window is in place! I've shortened the filename a bit.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 7th, 2023, 3:51 pm Hi Michele! I am a bit over my limit with my current projects, but I don't want to pass up the opportunity to work with you on a poetry project. :D
Let me MC this! I'll go get you a Magic Window.
Thank you looking forward to working with you on this one. :9:
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi
May I read 50,79,80,82,85,88,89,90 please?

You may notice common theme here of Arthurian Legends, I love the Arthurian Legends as they are set in the part of England where I grew up :)
Alan
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 8th, 2023, 12:13 am Hi
May I read 50,79,80,82,85,88,89,90 please?

You may notice common theme here of Arthurian Legends, I love the Arthurian Legends as they are set in the part of England where I grew up :)
Hi Alan
I have been adjusting the MW slightly as one of the sections was 13000 words. Please could you check the sections just to make sure I sign you up to the right ones please.
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

wib66 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 1:01 am
May I read 50,79,80,82,85,88,89,90 please
I have been adjusting the MW slightly as one of the sections was 13000 words. Please could you check the sections just to make sure I sign you up to the right ones please.
My revised list is 50,82,83,85,88,91,92,93
Alan
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 8th, 2023, 1:36 am
wib66 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 1:01 am
May I read 50,79,80,82,85,88,89,90 please
My revised list is 50,82,83,85,88,91,92,93
Thankyou I will sign you up to those.
Michele
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Off to Readers Wanted!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 8th, 2023, 3:44 am Off to Readers Wanted!
Thank you
Michele