FULL [Play] Fanny's First Play by George Bernard Shaw - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Fanny's First Play, by George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Fanny who is the daughter of a Count has written a play. Having hired professional actors and invited some major critics. She is keeping her authorship private and she fears her father will not approve as he hates the vulgarity of modern life. (Summary by Michele Eaton)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5698

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming roles: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you would like to record.
Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: Plays; Plays/Comedy

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

For individual roles:
Submit one file per act. At the beginning of the first file, say:
"Character, read by your name."
Leave 3-5 seconds of space between your lines (room noise, not generated silence).

For narration/stage directions:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Act # of Fanny's First Play, by George Bernard Shaw. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
At the end of each file say:
"End of Act #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Fanny's First Play, by George Bernard Shaw."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename:
For individual roles: fannysfirstplay_role_#.mp3 where # is the act number. (e.g. fannysfirstplay_romeo_1.mp3)
For final files: fannysfirstplay_#_shaw_128kb.mp3 where # is the act number. (e.g. fannysfirstplay_1_shaw_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: redrun

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by wib66 on March 27th, 2024, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will PL all individual files and edit the acts together.
I would need someone to PL the final files for me before going to catalogue.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

wib66 wrote: September 7th, 2023, 2:11 am I will PL all individual files and edit the acts together.
Hi Michele
I could PL the final edits for you (if I am still around :lol: )

As Shaw never does proper cast lists a list of characters would be helpful for potential readers.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hi Michele, I'll be glad to be your MC! Back in a bit with your Magic Window!

Update: Magic Window is set up and ready for the act & cast entries. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 7th, 2023, 3:29 am
wib66 wrote: September 7th, 2023, 2:11 am I will PL all individual files and edit the acts together.
Hi Michele
I could PL the final edits for you (if I am still around :lol: )

As Shaw never does proper cast lists a list of characters would be helpful for potential readers.
Thank you that would be great. I have been through and worked out the cast members as you say he doesn't put the cast at the top.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

redrun wrote: September 7th, 2023, 4:20 am Hi Michele, I'll be glad to be your MC! Back in a bit with your Magic Window!

Update: Magic Window is set up and ready for the act & cast entries. :D
Thank you so much it will be lovely to work with you.
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I read Count O'Dowda?

He is described as a handsome man of fifty, I can always pretend :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Hi Michele!

May I claim Dora?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

If not already taken, may I claim stage directions please?
Back until end of August.
Catching up on some recordings
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 7th, 2023, 11:30 am May I read Count O'Dowda?

He is described as a handsome man of fifty, I can always pretend :lol:
Ha Ha you are now that handsome man of fifty.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

jennlea wrote: September 7th, 2023, 11:32 am Hi Michele!

May I claim Dora?
Dora is all yours
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

tefavidal wrote: September 7th, 2023, 11:57 am If not already taken, may I claim stage directions please?
I have signed you up to the stage directions
Michele
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Juggins please.

If you don't mind a double-up of roles, then I can use a different voice for any one of the critics as suits.
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: September 8th, 2023, 12:20 am Juggins please.

If you don't mind a double-up of roles, then I can use a different voice for any one of the critics as suits.
Hi and thank you for claiming Juggins. As this has only just been launched I am not going to allow double roles unless we get to a point where we are still looking for readers.
Michele
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

Could I claim Mrs. Knox?

Thanks,
Wendy