[FULL] [CHRISTIAN BIOS] Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians, by James Gilchrist Lawson (1874 - 1946) - rr

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

silverquill wrote: December 1st, 2023, 1:25 pm
Just shorten the pause between the narration and the outro to 1.5 - 2.0 seconds and then change "End of Chapter 1, to "End of Chapter 18."
Upload your corrected file under the same name, and include the new file length. Then, you'll be golden!
Sorry about that! Here is section 18 on Mueller with those edits:
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/deeperexperiences_18_lawson_128kb.mp3
Duration: 27:28

Also here is section 20 on Havergal:
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/deeperexperiences_20_lawson_128kb.mp3
Duration: 29:01
Belinda
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mummibee wrote: December 15th, 2023, 8:54 pm
Just shorten the pause between the narration and the outro to 1.5 - 2.0 seconds and then change "End of Chapter 1, to "End of Chapter 18."
Upload your corrected file under the same name, and include the new file length. Then, you'll be golden!
Sorry about that! Here is section 18 on Mueller with those edits:
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/deeperexperiences_18_lawson_128kb.mp3
Duration: 27:28

Also here is section 20 on Havergal:
Duration: 29:01
Well, Section 18 is PL OK now.

But, we have a problem with Section 20.
You have uploaded this TWICE, once as Section 19, and once as Section 20, both are identical recordings, with intro and outro read as Chapter 19.

So, here's what to do. Please upload this again as Section 20, changing the intro and outro to Chapter 20.

Our MC will take care of retrieving the original Section 19 that had already been recorded.

Thanks for your nice reading of these two chapters. :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ingwar98 wrote: December 11th, 2023, 8:21 am Yes, it was long indeed! And I did it after another recording, surprised it still ended up intelligible haha. Anyway, here is the correction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/deeperexperiences_05_lawson_128kb.mp3
Duration: 40:56

Thanks for the check on!
Vendel
Now PL OK.
Thank you!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ccsdg wrote: December 10th, 2023, 1:37 am Hi there, I don't seem to see that the John Bunyan chapter, chapter 8 I think, has been taken yet? would I be able to read that?
Sorry for the late response.
Your are most welcome to record this section. :thumbs:
Thank you so much.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

northstar95 wrote: December 16th, 2023, 11:19 am 14 is ready for PL:
(23:27)
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/deeperexperiences_14_lawson_128kb.mp3
PL OK
Thanks for another fine chapter!
~ Larry
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

You have uploaded this TWICE, once as Section 19, and once as Section 20, both are identical recordings, with intro and outro read as Chapter 19.

So, here's what to do. Please upload this again as Section 20, changing the intro and outro to Chapter 20.

Our MC will take care of retrieving the original Section 19 that had already been recorded.
Apologies! Chapter 20 is fixed now!
Duration: 28:57
Belinda
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

And chapter 19 has been fixed as well. Both intro and contents say "A. B. Earle". :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
ccsdg

Post by ccsdg »

silverquill wrote: December 16th, 2023, 4:13 pm
ccsdg wrote: December 10th, 2023, 1:37 am Hi there, I don't seem to see that the John Bunyan chapter, chapter 8 I think, has been taken yet? would I be able to read that?
Sorry for the late response.
Your are most welcome to record this section. :thumbs:
Thank you so much.
Hello, I love the idea of basically getting to read large swathes of Bunyan and was really hoping I could avoid making this post... I started recording a "draft" of the first part of the chapter and was hoping I could finish it by January but I've ended up with some major health issues during a hectic time and I think I'm going to barely keep on top of life as it is. I'm so sorry I'm going to have to back out of chapter 8 sadly.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ccsdg wrote: December 24th, 2023, 11:36 am
Hello, I love the idea of basically getting to read large swathes of Bunyan and was really hoping I could avoid making this post... I started recording a "draft" of the first part of the chapter and was hoping I could finish it by January but I've ended up with some major health issues during a hectic time and I think I'm going to barely keep on top of life as it is. I'm so sorry I'm going to have to back out of chapter 8 sadly.
So sorry to hear of your health issues.
Get better, and you can always check back in later, and there will always be ongoing projects of interest.

May God bless you this Christmas season and for the year coming!
~ Larry
brandonbrinkley

Post by brandonbrinkley »

silverquill wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:15 pm
brandonbrinkley wrote: December 6th, 2023, 1:02 pm
silverquill wrote: October 6th, 2023, 7:41 am

Thank you!
I've assigned you this section
Hello. I need to ask for an extension on this assignment. I lost a lot of studio time in November due to unforeseen circumstances. This is the last one in my queue for the year. I should be able to finish it by the end of the month.

Thanks!
Brandon
Oh, I know that feeling. :wink:
As long as I know this is still in your queue, that's fine.
So relax and enjoy the blessings of the season!
I had to seek help on the pronunciation of some of the French names in this one and will be re-recording when I hear back from the person assisting me. So, small delay hopefully.
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

mummibee wrote: December 17th, 2023, 3:00 pm

Just checking sec 20 was received ok- not updated in MW?
Belinda
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mummibee wrote: December 17th, 2023, 3:00 pm

All is well now.
Sorry I didn't update the MW.

Thanks for working on this, and for the lovely recording of this chapter. :D
~ Larry
Keeners4

Post by Keeners4 »

Hi! I’m new. But could I try for chapter 8 on John Bunyan?

I have posted my test recording and gotten a thumbs up from the person doing evaluations.

Is this ok?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Keeners4 wrote: December 29th, 2023, 3:58 pm Hi! I’m new. But could I try for chapter 8 on John Bunyan?

I have posted my test recording and gotten a thumbs up from the person doing evaluations.

Is this ok?
Sure thing!
I do need to know exactly how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name, pseudonym, or any nickname/handle you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of you LV work.

I listened to your test recording, and read Mark's comments. So you understand about editing out extraneous noises, which is good. I think the recording could benefit from one pass of noise reduction. There is something with a regular beat going on in the background. You will hear it in that long silence at the end. (I routinely do noise reduction on all my recordings). Speaking of silences, be aware that we are looking for just 0.5 to 1.0 seconds of silence at the beginning of recordings, and about 5 seconds at the end.

One other thing that I will mention is that I hear a lot of reverb, or "empty room effect," in your recording. It is always a challenge setting up a good recording environment that will give good audio. It has to do with type of mic, placement, and the nature of the space. Some people resort to recording in a walk-in closet (never had one of those :lol: ) I just hung some blankets in back of my recording position which captures some of the bouncing sound, got a mic stand so it is closer, and do my best. We're all volunteers, and most amateurs who make do with what we have, so don't stress about it, but I thought I would mention this.

Be sure to read all of the instructions in the initial post of each project. Here you will find the exact text for the introduction and for the ending of the recording, and any other special directions.

Near the end you will see: "MC to select: ___" In this case it is redrun which you will see in the dropdown menu. Then copy and paste the URL that you receive along with the file length as mm:ss

I'll officially assign this to you as soon as I get your display name.

Thanks for your interest in this project.
Blessings for the New Year!

PS: This is a pretty long section for your first outing, so if you want to start with something shorter, say the Weekly or Fortnightly poem, or something in Short Works, you're certainly welcome to do that. You can expect your editing time to be at least double your actual recording time, so it is quite an undertaking. I'm here to help you get off to a good start, so please ask for help or advice at any point.
~ Larry