[FULL] [CHRISTIAN BIOS] Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians, by James Gilchrist Lawson (1874 - 1946) - rr

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians, by James Gilchrist Lawson (1874 - 1946)
J. GIlchrist Lawson was an American Baptist evangelist and prohibitionist who was also active as an author and editor. This book has been of enduring value and influence as he delves into the deeper, inner spirituality of notable Christians of historical influence. His primary focus is on the experience of the baptism, or infilling, of the Holy Spirit, or entire sanctification, and how this transformed the character and activity of these Christians. After drawing from characters of the Old and New Testaments and the early saints of the church, Lawson gives penetrating portraits of such figures as John Wesley, George Whitefield, George Fox, Madam Guyon, Charles Finney, D.L. Moody, William Booth, Billy Bray, Frances Ridley Havergal and many others. (Summary by Larry Wilson)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/deeperexperience0000jgil_w4a7/page/n5/mode/2up

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Biographies

Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, Holy Spirit, church history, theology, saints, John Bunyan, spirituality, evangelism, holiness, john fletcher, frances ridley havergal, john wesley, george müller, billy bray, entire sanctification, girolamo savanarola, madam guyon, george fox, george whitefield, christmas evans, lorenzo dow, peter cartwright, charles g. finney, jacob knapp, a.b. earle, a.j. gordon, d.l. moody, william booth

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians, by James Gilchrist Lawson. Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians, by James Gilchrist Lawson."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: deeperexperiences_##_lawson_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. deeperexperiences_01_lawson_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: redrun

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by silverquill on March 3rd, 2024, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Found a copy of this book in sorting through my library (time to downsize) and found it was available on Archive, so am pleased to offer this as a LibriVox group project. I believe this is a new author for out database.

I will take DPL for this project.
~ Larry
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hi Larry, I'll be glad to MC this for you! Magic Window coming soon. :D

Update: Magic Window is ready for chapter setup!

You'll be able to add another chapter or two if needed - and if you decide you'd like to include the Introduction, just let me know and I'll set it up as section #00. :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Ooh, interesting!
May I claim the section on George Fox at this early date?
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

redrun wrote: September 6th, 2023, 8:42 pm Hi Larry, I'll be glad to MC this for you! Magic Window coming soon. :D

Update: Magic Window is ready for chapter setup!

You'll be able to add another chapter or two if needed - and if you decide you'd like to include the Introduction, just let me know and I'll set it up as section #00. :thumbs:
Thanks so much!
Yes, I had overlooked the introduction when I organized this, so if you could add a zero section, that would be great.

Otherwise, I think we are set up and ready for readers.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Owlivia wrote: September 6th, 2023, 10:09 pm Ooh, interesting!
May I claim the section on George Fox at this early date?
You certainly may!
Thank you so much.
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Could I please have section 1 on the Old Testament Christians?

Thanks

M
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Section 3 please
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: September 7th, 2023, 8:27 am Could I please have section 1 on the Old Testament Christians?

Thanks

M
Thank you!
I've put you in for this
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: September 7th, 2023, 11:37 am Section 3 please
Thank you!
I've put you in for this
~ Larry
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Looks like we're off to a good start! Taking us off to Readers Wanted: Books!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

May I claim Section 16 - Billy Bray - please.
Alan
"But I want some reading—some fine bold reading, some splendid book..." Noddy Boffin in Our Mutual Friend
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hawden wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:00 am May I claim Section 16 - Billy Bray - please.
Glad to have you joining us!
Thank you.
~ Larry