[FULL] [CHRISTIAN BIOS] Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians, by James Gilchrist Lawson (1874 - 1946) - rr

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Keeners4

Post by Keeners4 »

Oh my. It's just like me to jump right into a thing, headfirst. Maybe I should back pedal a little and try a shorter work to start. I am about to restart homeschooling my two kids and adding a friend's middle schooler to the mix a well, plus five college courses to complete my bachelor's degree. Of course, I had a few day's rest for the holidays and my motor is ready to run on all cylinders, but I don't want to commit to something I can't complete with excellence. I hadn't even considered the editing time. I will take your recommendation of shorter works to start. Thank you and I'm sorry to back out right after I volunteered. And I appreciate the feedback on the other issues! God bless.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Keeners4 wrote: December 29th, 2023, 8:44 pm Oh my. It's just like me to jump right into a thing, headfirst. Maybe I should back pedal a little and try a shorter work to start. I am about to restart homeschooling my two kids and adding a friend's middle schooler to the mix a well, plus five college courses to complete my bachelor's degree. Of course, I had a few day's rest for the holidays and my motor is ready to run on all cylinders, but I don't want to commit to something I can't complete with excellence. I hadn't even considered the editing time. I will take your recommendation of shorter works to start. Thank you and I'm sorry to back out right after I volunteered. And I appreciate the feedback on the other issues! God bless.
Sounds as if you do have a full plate! But, do forge ahead and test the waters. It's a lot of fun and very worthwhile. Children are welcome to participate as well. I had my 9 year-old grand daughter take a small part in a play that needed a young girl. A short poem is nice for our monthly short poem collection, or we always have a weekly and fortnightly poem going on. It can be a great activity for home schoolers. Let me know if you're interested and I can make some suggestions.

I think we could do a better job in orienting new people to the editing process. I keep thinking that I will get good enough that editing won't be such a big deal. I would say that, say, fifteen minutes of recording will edit down to about ten minutes, and probably take me at least half an hour to do, more or less, before I have a polished recording to submit.

May God richly bless you and yours in the year to come!

Larry
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
katcordr1

Post by katcordr1 »

ImmanuelGeo1

Post by ImmanuelGeo1 »

Hey there, can I take Chapter 15 on Charles G. Finney?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you, Kathleen!
Excellent reading, and I'm glad to mark this PL OK.

I hope we'll hear a lot more of your voice here on LibriVox. :D
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ImmanuelGeo1 wrote: December 30th, 2023, 7:06 pm Hey there, can I take Chapter 15 on Charles G. Finney?
Thank you!
I've put you in for this section.
~ Larry
katcordr1

Post by katcordr1 »

Thank you so much, Larry! 😊
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 2 is now OPEN
~ Larry
brandonbrinkley

Post by brandonbrinkley »

Hi Larry, just in case you didn't see it, I responded to your personal message. Short version: I'm shooting to wrap up this upcoming week.

Thanks!
Brandon
paulsylvester

Post by paulsylvester »

Hi there! May I have the privilege of recording chapter 8: John Bunyon?
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Larry -

I am not going to be able to get section 24 finished today which is the two month date. Could I please get an extension on it (my recent medical issues have impacted my recording process)? It is all recorded, it is going to take me a little time to get it edited. It has been much easier for me to PL recordings recently. I hate to ask, but you get the honor of being my first extension request. :)

Thanks,

M
brandonbrinkley

Post by brandonbrinkley »

brandonbrinkley wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:01 am Hi Larry, just in case you didn't see it, I responded to your personal message. Short version: I'm shooting to wrap up this upcoming week.

Thanks!
Brandon
Quick update: I recorded again at lunch yesterday and today. I now have two recordings I'm happy with, just in case I have to mix 'n' match sections in edit. If all goes well, I can have that edited down and submitted tomorrow.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

paulsylvester wrote: February 6th, 2024, 9:36 am Hi there! May I have the privilege of recording chapter 8: John Bunyon?
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Here is a direct link to instructions for the one-minute sample recording:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or any nickname or handle you wish.

I would be glad to have you read for this. :thumbs:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

brandonbrinkley wrote: February 6th, 2024, 6:59 pm
brandonbrinkley wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:01 am Hi Larry, just in case you didn't see it, I responded to your personal message. Short version: I'm shooting to wrap up this upcoming week.

Thanks!
Brandon
Quick update: I recorded again at lunch yesterday and today. I now have two recordings I'm happy with, just in case I have to mix 'n' match sections in edit. If all goes well, I can have that edited down and submitted tomorrow.
Sounds good
Relax and enjoy!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: February 6th, 2024, 10:32 am Larry -

I am not going to be able to get section 24 finished today which is the two month date. Could I please get an extension on it (my recent medical issues have impacted my recording process)? It is all recorded, it is going to take me a little time to get it edited. It has been much easier for me to PL recordings recently. I hate to ask, but you get the honor of being my first extension request. :)

Thanks,

M
Not a worry in the world!
Please take your time. I appreciate all that you do. :9:

My short trip to deal with some urgent things had to be extended. I'm with out microphone. I feel crippled. :lol: :lol:
~ Larry