LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 13
9:38 repeat of the word "Suringer" just after "An archaism for surgeon."
czandra

Post by czandra »

Thank you! reloading at 23:11

Cz
Sometimes a bunch of things from your life experience come together with a reading, and bingo! Thank you Helena Blavatsky - viewtopic.php?p=2324108#p2324108

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

You're welcome! Section 13 is PL ok.
czandra

Post by czandra »

Sometimes a bunch of things from your life experience come together with a reading, and bingo! Thank you Helena Blavatsky - viewtopic.php?p=2324108#p2324108

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 14: Just one note
10:28 mistake "applies" just before "applied"
czandra

Post by czandra »

Danke tausendmal, Christine!
Reloading at 23:36

Cz

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 14 is PL ok.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 15 is PL ok.
czandra

Post by czandra »

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 16 is PL ok.
czandra

Post by czandra »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/sailorswordbooksz_17_smyth_128kb.mp3
22:27

Undergoing some existential Angst as I approach my 3rd anniversary here, still with only one listener's thank you. But for you, dear Christine, I would descend into a solipsistic spin, reminding myself constantly that I do this because I enjoy it!

Nevertheless, any comments that could improve my reading (am I too monotonous? Do my recording values suck?) are welcome. Am I fishing for compliments? Well, maybe, but there's so much silence out there.....!

Czandra

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

czandra wrote: February 6th, 2024, 7:14 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/sailorswordbooksz_17_smyth_128kb.mp3
22:27

Undergoing some existential Angst as I approach my 3rd anniversary here, still with only one listener's thank you. But for you, dear Christine, I would descend into a solipsistic spin, reminding myself constantly that I do this because I enjoy it!

Nevertheless, any comments that could improve my reading (am I too monotonous? Do my recording values suck?) are welcome. Am I fishing for compliments? Well, maybe, but there's so much silence out there.....!

Czandra
Hi Czandra! I can PL this today. Please don't lose heart! (I am noticing my addiction exclamation marks!) Your reading is so expressively appropriate to each book you read! Also, Librivox would be diminished without your many and varied accents! I have over 8,000 posts and, I believe, zero readers thank yous. Is there a place to look?
As to suggestions, I do have a couple:
Develop a better, more sound proof, area/time to record to reduce your use of Noise Reduction. I know you move around alot. How many locations do you have up there 10? 20?
Try some different voices for different characters
Of course, these are all just suggestions and only because you asked.
I just said to my daughter " I don't know what I would do without Librivox" It give so much meaning to my life, the empty-nester that I am. My favorite thing to think about when things get tough, and they do get tough in all the roles sometimes, is that this will be here for my great times ten grandchildren and for the world.
Hope this helps!
Christine
czandra

Post by czandra »

Thanks Christine. Much appreciated. There is one MC responsible for retrieving and communicating the listener thank you's, but I don't know whether it's still a thing, or who it is.

I do wish I could use less noise reduction. My computer itself is noisy, then there's construction next door, traffic, the dog, the household..... I spend hours editing all that out, not to mention my own mouth's noises! Sometimes I think: this is the sound engineer's job! Then I remember where I am, and am grateful that I've learned so much about sound editing, but it's all been autodidactic, and possibly pretty off-course.

I like to think these are beamed into Space and sometime, somewhere, some creature will pick it up, and probably hear just a lot of pleasant wobbling, or see a bunch of senseless waves creating patterns like crop circles do for us..... Does God hear anymore than we hear ants? Or white lilies?

xo Cz

czandra

Post by czandra »

viewtopic.php?t=29962&start=315

thanks to LV. Thank a reader thread dead since 2009 or so - icequeen MC

my one real thank you (ie. not 'just' my PL!) came from another LV'er via PM.

Cz

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

czandra wrote: February 6th, 2024, 10:54 am viewtopic.php?t=29962&start=315

thanks to LV. Thank a reader thread dead since 2009 or so - icequeen MC

my one real thank you (ie. not 'just' my PL!) came from another LV'er via PM.

Cz
The PLer thank yous are the most meaningful to me.