Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Amandaleung wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:21 pm Chapter 21 is ready for PL:

(17:17)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_21_austen_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Amanda
And it is PL OK. Catherine is such a silly young woman, and Austen is having so much fun poking fun at the whole Gothic genre!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Amandaleung

Post by Amandaleung »

Winnifred wrote: September 25th, 2023, 8:41 pm
Amandaleung wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:21 pm Chapter 21 is ready for PL:

(17:17)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_21_austen_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Amanda
And it is PL OK. Catherine is such a silly young woman, and Austen is having so much fun poking fun at the whole Gothic genre!

Cheers,
As a fan of the gothic genre, I love this story! :lol:
"Read as many books as you can. Choose courage over caution. Take time to visit libraries. Look for light in the darkness. Have faith in yourself. Know that love is what matters most."
— Alice Hoffman (The Book of Magic)
Amandaleung

Post by Amandaleung »

Chapter 22 is ready for PL (17:42):

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_22_austen_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Amanda
"Read as many books as you can. Choose courage over caution. Take time to visit libraries. Look for light in the darkness. Have faith in yourself. Know that love is what matters most."
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

Amandaleung wrote: September 26th, 2023, 6:08 pm Chapter 22 is ready for PL (17:42):

Thanks,
Amanda
Thank you!
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Amandaleung wrote: September 26th, 2023, 6:08 pm Chapter 22 is ready for PL (17:42):

Thanks,
Amanda
Hi Amanda,

A couple of PL notes for you and a note for future readings:
  • At 7:16, the volume increases significantly and consequently, the background noise also gets louder. I suggest deamplifying the loudest section slightly so the difference in volume is less noticeable, and then applying noise reduction across the whole recording, as your background noise is a bit high at 40.6 dB. Are you perhaps swaying back and forth a bit? There are one or two other places where the volume seems to fluctuate a bit, but this is the most noticeable one.
  • At 15:07, you say “A mother would have always been present. A mother would have been always present.” The second of these is the correct version. Sounds like a correction you forgot to edit out. Can you please cut the first one?
General note for future recordings: you sound like you're in a tearing hurry to get through this chapter, often leaving no pauses at all between sentences or paragraphs. Your listeners may have difficulty following the story at the pace you're setting. You might consider listening to one of the other versions of this chapter in Northanger Abbey on Librivox (there are four other versions, plus a dramatic reading to choose from) and comparing it to your own reading to hear how others pace their readings.

If you could make those two fixes and reupload, I'll be happy to mark this PL OK.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

PL OK!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Hi Ehsan,

Just a few content PL notes for you:
  • At 2:36, I hear “Catherine, in deep mortification, produced on her way” but the text reads “Cathering, in deep mortification, proceeded on her way.” I think the difference in meaning is significant enough to warrant correcting this.
  • At 5:22, I hear “Feelings rather natural than heroic passed her;” but the text reads “Feelings rather natural than heroic possessed her.”
  • At 7:15, I hear “and he replied in a tone which related only a little affected reserve:” but the text reads “and he replied in a tone which retained only a little affected reserve.”
I do notice some faint background noise (voices and other noises) while you're speaking, though not during the silences. Not sure there's anything you can do about that, but just thought you should know. And the Checker doesn't have any issues with the background noise.

If you could make those three changes and reupload, I'll come back and spot proof them.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

Winnifred wrote: September 29th, 2023, 3:36 pm
Hi Ehsan,

Just a few content PL notes for you:
  • At 2:36, I hear “Catherine, in deep mortification, produced on her way” but the text reads “Cathering, in deep mortification, proceeded on her way.” I think the difference in meaning is significant enough to warrant correcting this.
  • At 5:22, I hear “Feelings rather natural than heroic passed her;” but the text reads “Feelings rather natural than heroic possessed her.”
  • At 7:15, I hear “and he replied in a tone which related only a little affected reserve:” but the text reads “and he replied in a tone which retained only a little affected reserve.”
I do notice some faint background noise (voices and other noises) while you're speaking, though not during the silences. Not sure there's anything you can do about that, but just thought you should know. And the Checker doesn't have any issues with the background noise.

If you could make those three changes and reupload, I'll come back and spot proof them.

Thanks,
Sure will do and sorry about the bgnoise, I tried to do it by taking break for things to quiet down but some noise remained.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Very nice. PL OK!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
CherryBim

Post by CherryBim »

Now uploaded. Clicks removed and noise reduction ran again. Pass in checker window.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_13_austen_128kb.mp3

bw
J

Winnifred wrote: September 24th, 2023, 5:33 pm
CherryBim wrote: September 24th, 2023, 6:43 am Hi Winnifred

Here is the second upload of Chapter 13, which got a green light in the checker window and is now hopefully much improved.

Thank you for your patience.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northanger_13_austen_128kb.mp3

Bw
Julie
Whoops. One more thing. Before you reupload, please change your file name. You seem to have dropped "abbey" from the file name.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

CherryBim wrote: September 24th, 2023, 6:43 am Hi Winnifred

Here is the second upload of Chapter 13, which got a green light in the checker window and is now hopefully much improved.

Thank you for your patience.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northanger_13_austen_128kb.mp3

Bw
Julie
Hi Julie,

Much better! PL OK now.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Amandaleung

Post by Amandaleung »

Winnifred wrote: September 27th, 2023, 4:56 pm

Thanks,
Amanda
Hi Amanda,

A couple of PL notes for you and a note for future readings:
  • At 7:16, the volume increases significantly and consequently, the background noise also gets louder. I suggest deamplifying the loudest section slightly so the difference in volume is less noticeable, and then applying noise reduction across the whole recording, as your background noise is a bit high at 40.6 dB. Are you perhaps swaying back and forth a bit? There are one or two other places where the volume seems to fluctuate a bit, but this is the most noticeable one.
  • At 15:07, you say “A mother would have always been present. A mother would have been always present.” The second of these is the correct version. Sounds like a correction you forgot to edit out. Can you please cut the first one?
General note for future recordings: you sound like you're in a tearing hurry to get through this chapter, often leaving no pauses at all between sentences or paragraphs. Your listeners may have difficulty following the story at the pace you're setting. You might consider listening to one of the other versions of this chapter in Northanger Abbey on Librivox (there are four other versions, plus a dramatic reading to choose from) and comparing it to your own reading to hear how others pace their readings.

If you could make those two fixes and reupload, I'll be happy to mark this PL OK.

Cheers,
Hi Winnifred,
Thank you for for the helpful feedback! I have corrected my microphone settings and slowed down my reading and I have redone chapter 22. Please PL this version to replace the one sent previously, and let me know if anything has not been addressed.

Chapter 22 (21:06)

Amanda