[COMPLETE] Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/northanger-abbey-version-5-by-jane-austen/
What could be more entrancing than Northanger Abbey? Join Catherine and find out why she fears the abbey. (Summary by Victoria Bell)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/121

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: Romance
Keywords that describe the book: romance, abbey
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of Northanger Abbey. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen. Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: northangerabbey_##_austen_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. northangerabbey_01_austen_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by victoriaalicebell on November 25th, 2023, 7:35 am, edited 9 times in total.
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hello Victoria,

do you know that there are already four versions of this book in our catalog?
1 Dramatic, 1 Collaborative and 2 Solos.

(https://librivox.org/search?title=Northanger+Abbey&author=&reader=&keywords=&genre_id=0&status=all&project_type=either&recorded_language=&sort_order=catalog_date&search_page=1&search_form=advanced)

Do you still want to register the project or would you rather choose something else?
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
victoriaalicebell

lorda wrote: August 29th, 2023, 5:12 pm Hello Victoria,

(https://librivox.org/search?title=Northanger+Abbey&author=&reader=&keywords=&genre_id=0&status=all&project_type=either&recorded_language=&sort_order=catalog_date&search_page=1&search_form=advanced)

Do you still want to register the project or would you rather choose something else?
Yes...I would like to still go through with it if that is OK with you.
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

victoriaalicebell wrote: August 29th, 2023, 5:23 pm

I have nothing against it. I just wanted to point it out to you.
Unfortunately, I can't serve as MC, because I already manage a lot of projects.

Greetings, Bernd :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
victoriaalicebell

lorda wrote: August 29th, 2023, 5:30 pm
victoriaalicebell wrote: August 29th, 2023, 5:23 pm

I have nothing against it. I just wanted to point it out to you.
Unfortunately, I can't serve as MC, because I already manage a lot of projects.

Greetings, Bernd :)
Ok! :D
Understandable...
Thanks,
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll MC this.

I would not recommend word-perfect PL. That's more meant for the Bible, other sacred writings, or other works where every word really needs to be right. You'll limit your readers and DPL possibilities if you go with such strict PL.

If you want something more than standard, you can use Special and then note what else you want. (I usually use Special and put something like, "Standard, plus any deviations from the text where a listener goes, 'Huh? Is that right?' PL does not need to read along with the text.")

Speaking of, do you have a DPL lined up? I assume not, but wanted to check.

One other note: In the intro wording in the first post, please change "Section (or Chapter) #" to be either section or chapter, so your readers know which to say. (If you're splitting up any chapters, I suggest using "section". If it's one chapter per section throughout, so the section and chapter numbers are always the same, then you can to with "chapter".)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
victoriaalicebell

TriciaG wrote: August 30th, 2023, 8:41 am I'll MC this.

I would not recommend word-perfect PL. That's more meant for the Bible, other sacred writings, or other works where every word really needs to be right. You'll limit your readers and DPL possibilities if you go with such strict PL.

If you want something more than standard, you can use Special and then note what else you want. (I usually use Special and put something like, "Standard, plus any deviations from the text where a listener goes, 'Huh? Is that right?' PL does not need to read along with the text.")

One other note: In the intro wording in the first post, please change "Section (or Chapter) #" to be either section or chapter, so your readers know which to say. (If you're splitting up any chapters, I suggest using "section". If it's one chapter per section throughout, so the section and chapter numbers are always the same, then you can to with "chapter".)
Thank you!

Ok, I just fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out! :mrgreen:

Not yet.

Alright! I'll put the titles in soon!

Thanks,
victoriaalicebell

victoriaalicebell wrote: August 30th, 2023, 8:55 am
TriciaG wrote: August 30th, 2023, 8:41 am I'll MC this.

Thank you!

Ok, I just fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out! :mrgreen:

Not yet.

Alright! I'll put the titles in soon!

Thanks,
They are in!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moved to Readers Wanted. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
valroth

Post by valroth »

Oooo so excited to claim sections zero and 1 please! Unless, Victoria, as BC you’d like to start your own project? Let me know and I’m happy to claim other sections!

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
victoriaalicebell

valroth wrote: August 30th, 2023, 10:26 am Oooo so excited to claim sections zero and 1 please! Unless, Victoria, as BC you’d like to start your own project? Let me know and I’m happy to claim other sections!

Val
I'm totally fine with you claiming those.
Thanks,
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hello all,

Here is Section Zero! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_01_austen_128kb.mp3

Time: 1:25

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
victoriaalicebell

valroth wrote: August 31st, 2023, 6:03 am Hello all,

Val
Thank you! Although I am not signing myself up as the DPL I noticed a problem. The filename is 01 when it should section 0...please fix that because we don't want your files to get overwritten.
Thanks,
valroth

Post by valroth »

victoriaalicebell wrote: August 31st, 2023, 8:20 am

Val
Thank you! Although I am not signing myself up as the DPL I noticed a problem. The filename is 01 when it should section 0...please fix that because we don't want your files to get overwritten.
Thanks,

Oh silly me! I was getting ahead of myself! lol :oops: Here is re-named file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_00_austen_128kb.mp3

Val
victoriaalicebell

valroth wrote: August 31st, 2023, 8:55 am
victoriaalicebell wrote: August 31st, 2023, 8:20 am

Val
Thanks,

Oh silly me! I was getting ahead of myself! lol :oops: Here is re-named file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/northangerabbey_00_austen_128kb.mp3

Val
Thanks!