Librivox Audiobook App Anomaly(not LV)

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
msfry

Post by msfry »

I've noticed this for some time, there is an anomaly on how the Librivox Audiobook App displays our various group projects . . . sometimes the screen displays reader and file length, other times not. Please compare screenshots of both instances side by side. I am wondering if this is something our MC's control?

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AqmYAdtBQdx8itZlFP8P4cCloJQAoA?e=Fx8qj7
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Michele. LibriVox does not have an audiobook app - the one you are referring to is probably the one from book design. So no, we have no control over the content or anything else related to that app or any others.
Jo
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hi Michele,

I answer in this thread as you suggested in your PM.
If you need the readers and the lengths of the sections from our books, you can find that informations on the catalog page.
What other apps/organizations do with our recordings is not in my control. Our recordings are in the public domain, so anyone can do anything with this.

Greetings, Bernd.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Could you post a few more examples to see if there's a pattern? Have you reached out to the app developer in case it's something on their end?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

This belongs in off topic - we have no control over the non IA distribution, we do not know where they get the data from, when they get it, how often they update it, and how they display it.

Anne