Group (Religion) Satan by Lewis Sperry Chafer-ag

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Dawallchslv

Post by Dawallchslv »

Satan, by Lewis Chafer (1871 - 1952)

This abandoned Solo open now for the group to finish.
A profound Christian book that introduces the reader to the career of Satan to include his motives and methods. More importantly, the book describes the victory all believers in Jesus Christ have over Satan in this present age. (Summary by Dawn Wallace)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12586

Target completion date: 2023-11-15

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: salvation, satan, anti-christ

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
You may use the shortened intro for consistency with the Solo portion.
"Section (or Chapter) # of Satan, by Lewis Chafer. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Satan, by Lewis Chafer."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: satan_##_chafer_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. satan_01_chafer_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
I will MC this for you. In case you haven't coordinated your own project before, I am sending you a private message with information on how to access and use the magic window.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Miss Alyce,
I am going to move you to Going Solo. If a prooflistener doesn't volunteer soon, please post an advertisement for one in the Listeners Wanted forum. You don't have to wait for one to start working on your recordings.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Dawallchslv

Post by Dawallchslv »

Dawallchslv

Post by Dawallchslv »

Dawallchslv

Post by Dawallchslv »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
You are your own BC as a soloist so you can put your links and their lengths in the magic window.
Thanks,
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
I added your files and timestamps to the magic window. Would you like to advertise for a proof listener?
-Amy
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Hello Miss Alyce, I would like to DPL this for you. I've never taken a whole PL project for myself so this will be my first :shock: :D
-- Nicole
Sailing in a general... that way direction.

2023, 2024: Current Reads: Star Trek Voyager Ghost of a Chance, Welcoming Food, QiGong for Treating Common Ailments
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Nicole,
You are the DPL now. I sent you a private message with information about your role.
Thanks!
-Amy
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Dawallchslv wrote: August 31st, 2023, 11:57 am I have uploaded sec 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/satan_03_chafer_128kb.mp3

24:22 sec
Sections 1, 2, and 3 are PL OK!
-- Nicole

2023, 2024: Current Reads: Star Trek Voyager Ghost of a Chance, Welcoming Food, QiGong for Treating Common Ailments
Dawallchslv

Post by Dawallchslv »

Thank you for your work! I appreciate it and will get back to recording.
Dawallchslv

Post by Dawallchslv »

Here is section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/satan_04_chafer_128kb.mp3

25:34

I'm pretty technologically challenged, but I will try to figure out the Magic Window soon!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
Here is a link with more information on how to work in the magic window.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
You'll have the hang of it in no time.
Thanks!
-Amy
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Dawallchslv wrote: November 26th, 2023, 2:15 pm Here is section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/satan_04_chafer_128kb.mp3

25:34

I'm pretty technologically challenged, but I will try to figure out the Magic Window soon!

Hi Dawn! Chapter 4 was beautifully read! :clap:
My only notes are the intro and outro. I hear "chapter 2" Also I think they prefer your name at one end or the other but not both.

Edit to add: Bah sorry my bad. Chapter 2 = section 4. I got it. You're correct. :lol: Nothing to see here.
-- Nicole