[ESPERANTO] Vojaĝo interne de mia ĉambro de Xavier de Maistre - rap

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

It worked (I think). Tell me if there's anything wrong.

One question: I was about to record Chapter 4 when I realised there's a translation mistake in the very first sentence. I know I'm supposed to record the text as is, but can I correct it?

Thank you very much for your prompt help :thumbs:
vviera

Post by vviera »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 4th, 2023, 7:29 pm It worked (I think). Tell me if there's anything wrong.

One question: I was about to record Chapter 4 when I realised there's a translation mistake in the very first sentence. I know I'm supposed to record the text as is, but can I correct it?

In the Magic Window, put the duration of the file as min:sec. Change status from Assigned to Ready for PL. (It's a drop down menu.) I'll let Rapunzelina respond to the other. I can PL tomorrow sometime.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

OK, but now it's time to go to sleep! I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks!
vviera

Post by vviera »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 4th, 2023, 7:57 pm OK, but now it's time to go to sleep! I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks!
I should have specified, duration goes in Notes field.

Cheers, VERLA
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 4th, 2023, 7:29 pm It worked (I think). Tell me if there's anything wrong.

Congrats on your first upload! The file plays so presumably it worked!

You're right; we read the text as is. We are not editors, we do not correct the text. The only exception to this rule is for obvious typographical or transcriptional errors.
I don't know what kind of mistake it is, but maybe it wasn't considered a mistake at the time the book was translated? Or maybe it's phrasing this particular translator used?
Either way, we can't change the text, nor add a reader's note in the recording, but you can make mention of this in your written summary if you'd like. Maybe you'll find more such mistakes later in the text; you could add an errata list in your summary if you choose to.
vviera

Post by vviera »

All text great - you're a pleasure to listen to!

Some procedural things:
1. Every LibriVox recording starts with "Section # of [title]" and ends with "End of section #". (Sometimes "Chapter" instead of Section, but not in this case because each section is multiple chapters.)
So you should begin with "Sekcio 1 de (Title)" and end with "Fino de la sekcio 1" (after you say "fino de la ĉapitro 1”.

This #1 is the only thing that requires a recording edit to your file.

2. Filename. When you name your file, don't put .mp3 at the end. The system will automatically append that when you upload.

3. Duration goes in "Notes" field. I added it this time, but you should enter that when you put in the URL.

4. When you put your URL into the MW, change the Status field to "Ready for PL." If you are entering a corrected section, change to "Ready for Spot PL." (I will put See PL Notes, like I did this time, if corrections are needed, then I put PL OK when corrections are received.) Post a short message in the thread saying that the section is ready for PL/Spot PL. Otherwise I won’t know to go listen to it.

All of this stuff is learning curve because it’s your first project. You’re reading is awesome, so you’ll be fine soon.

Cheers, VERLA
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

Ready for spot PL.

I added Sekcio I... at the beginning and end, changed the duration (there's 10 seconds more) and the url.

I'll read the text as is. It's hard to say whether the mistake comes from a typo or from the translator, and there's no asking him about that now!

Thank you both for your help and encouragement. I hope I'm not too big a headache!

Cheers!
vviera

Post by vviera »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 5th, 2023, 7:09 pm Ready for spot PL.

I added Sekcio I... at the beginning and end, changed the duration (there's 10 seconds more) and the url.

I'll read the text as is. It's hard to say whether the mistake comes from a typo or from the translator, and there's no asking him about that now!

Thank you both for your help and encouragement. I hope I'm not too big a headache!

Cheers!
First of all, you're not a headache at all! We all went through the same learning curve at the beginning. We often needed help, too, back then, and that's just part of the process. That's what MCs and PLs are for. You are doing really well for a first project, much less a first solo.

You are SO CLOSE now with this section.

When you added "fino de la Sekcio 1", you just pasted it on the end. That leaves 5 seconds of silence after "Fino de la ĉapitro 3a" and only 1.5 on the end. It needs to be the other way around, about 1.5 seconds between the two elements and 5 at the end.

All the other procedural notes were corrected.

Baldaŭ!

Cheers, VERLA
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

Ready for spot PL.

I put 5 seconds of silence at the very end. If everything is OK, I'll go on recording next week.

Kontraŭ ĉiu malfacilo ekzistas konsilo :D
vviera

Post by vviera »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 6th, 2023, 5:23 pm Ready for spot PL.

I put 5 seconds of silence at the very end. If everything is OK, I'll go on recording next week.

Kontraŭ ĉiu malfacilo ekzistas konsilo :D
Nun po lo o ko :thumbs:

Cheers, VERLA
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

Saluton!

Chapters 4 to 6 are ready. Hopefully, I did it right this time. If there's anything, I'll correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks
vviera

Post by vviera »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 24th, 2023, 7:32 pm Saluton!

Chapters 4 to 6 are ready. Hopefully, I did it right this time. If there's anything, I'll correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks
Saluton, Verda.

Your text is all perfect. However, at 82.2 dB, the volume is far below the minimum allowed range. That range is 86-92. Amplify your recording into that range.

You can always check your recordings before submitting with this tool:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

It's a very small program where you drag and drop your file into its window. It will tell you if there are any technical specs that are wrong.

Cheers, VERLA
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

Mojose! (That's "Cool!")

I put everything within an acceptable range. That tool will prove useful. :thumbs:
vviera

Post by vviera »

VerdaVocxo wrote: September 25th, 2023, 5:42 pm Mojose! (That's "Cool!")

I put everything within an acceptable range. That tool will prove useful. :thumbs:
Great! PL OK now.

Cheers, VERLA
VerdaVocxo

Post by VerdaVocxo »

Saluton! The third section (chapters 7 to 9) is ready. Tell me if there's anything.

Koran dankon!