Strange Weather Woes!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Cufarmer

Post by Cufarmer »

Is anyone else slowed or limited from carrying on with a project due to the weather?

The quietest place in my house is also one of the hottest!
It's been running 102°F to 105°F nearly every day for almost two months. (39°C ~ 40.5°C)
The air conditioner is barely keeping up on the old farmhouse. I'm limited to night or early morning recording.
~ Corky
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

There are cheap and easy ways to fix that. Most houses today are built with the energy company in mind. They are meant to absorb the heat and turn it into motivation to have aircon. Solar powered advertising. Thing is, you are literally arguing against God (or nature if you prefer) when you think you can cool down a house in the sun, it's like leaving the fridge door open hoping that will help, it cannot.

There are a lot of self-help videos out there that show how to cool down a home passively. That's the best way, something that cannot break down and turn you out of your house whenever it feels like it, or the power company feels like it. The changes needed to a house are often quite subtle. Worth looking into it.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Up here in my area it's been warm (what you Texans might call a nice spring day - ha!) but fairly humid. So I don't have the oppressive heat you do in other parts of the world. There are definitely LibriVoxers affected by extreme heat!

Call me a victim of corporate greed if you will, but I love my AC. It pulls out the humidity, making it so much more comfortable. Sure, I could survive without it. But I'm glad I don't have to. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart