Can't download from LV lately

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
zachh

Post by zachh »

In the last few days I have been having a lot of problems downloading from LV. I tried both Safari and Chrome, but what keeps happening is that the download will get down to about 2-3 MB from the end and then it will cut off, and I get a message that says "Network problem". I don't know if it's something on my end or if something odd is happening with the site, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else is having trouble.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
zachh

Post by zachh »

Other than one late evening when I was able to download a couple of things a week or so ago I am still not able to download from the LV catalog. I try a few times a day, and still get the "network connection was lost" message right at the end. I tried downloading a file from another site and it came right through easily, so I don't think it's happening on my end. Should I be writing to someone at Internet Archive about this?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Does your browser have the option to resume the download. In Chrome that works for me.
Jo
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you for the suggestion. I've tried using the resume button in Chrome, but it restarts the download from zero instead of picking up where it left off, 99% of the way there. I've been able to download a couple of smaller books lately after a few tries.