Multiple download crash Le Fanu "Madame"

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
bernpedit

Post by bernpedit »

Madam Crowl's Ghost and Other Tales of Mystery
Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu (1814 - 1873)
Four attempts to download get to 219M and then claim network connection was lost.
Mac Safari
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I have downloaded the 64kb zip in the last couple of days using FF. If the link was wrong you wouldn't get any - all I can suggest it was a server problem with IA- when that happens to me I just go away for a few hours or so then try again. They do seem to be very busy recently.

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

In addition to Anne's response -

If this happens a lot, then you might consider installing a download manager in your browser which will continue with the interrupted download when the link becomes available again. There are various ones available - just search for download manager in your browser. I've used this one in the past on Firefox, but there may be better choices for Safari

https://www.downthemall.net/
Jo
bernpedit

Post by bernpedit »

on the seventh attempt in nine hours, at one in the morning, it worked. What was bizarre was that the errors were consistent – with one second left the network connection "failed", at 219M. This did not occur with a dozen other LibriVox file downloads, ONLY "Madame", which is why I raised the concern. Although I have known le Fanu for two decades, a recent re-listen read by Ben Tucker prompted me to get all of his available works. I will also note that it is extremely rare for me to have download issues, as a large file (1G -2G at times in 16 bit) Photoshop user I pay a premium for faster internet and have 32T of hard drive storage. Thanks for the responses, b
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've never been able to work it out - and I have downloaded all of the projects' zip files for some time. Sometimes when it stops near the end I just click the error notification and it just finishes. It doesn't always work but it does often enough for me to try :D
All our files at IA are not on the same server - they do have an amazing(to me) number
FF has a way to check the progress of downloads and the dropdown will show if they are paused and give an option to continue and it usually will then finish so I stopped using a download manager

Anne
bernpedit

Post by bernpedit »

At times I also watch the download process, and my results are similar to yours, b