[GROUP] Coffee Break Collection #39 - MAGIC lt

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

This link should work:

https://www.nytimes.com/1925/11/15/archives/magic-of-double-exposure-explained-by-camera-men.html?unlocked_article_code=1.p00.z0Yq.-81qbk_1RX7o&smid=url-share

I subscribe so I used a gift link above. The very old articles are weird, sometimes you need a sub and sometimes you don’t. Sorry about that!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
msfry

Post by msfry »

ColleenMc wrote: May 6th, 2024, 9:48 am This link should work:

https://www.nytimes.com/1925/11/15/archives/magic-of-double-exposure-explained-by-camera-men.html?unlocked_article_code=1.p00.z0Yq.-81qbk_1RX7o&smid=url-share

I subscribe so I used a gift link above. The very old articles are weird, sometimes you need a sub and sometimes you don’t. Sorry about that!

Colleen
I subscribed for a few years with the $4/month plan, but that offer ran out, so I quit. Alas, this link also requires me to subscribe. I know it's PD, though, so would it be acceptable for me to not follow along with the text in this instance?
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

It’s fine with me, but the second link is a gift link and should hav worked. Mayb try deleting your cache? I only get 10 pr month, hate to use on for no reason.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

msfry

Post by msfry »

Double Exposure is PL OK. Long before AI, people were intrigued with faking things.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

ColleenMc wrote: May 6th, 2024, 11:40 am It’s fine with me, but the second link is a gift link and should hav worked. Mayb try deleting your cache? I only get 10 pr month, hate to use on for no reason.

Colleen
What does a gift link do? Does it work just once or anyone with the link can access the article any time? Because I tried it and it doesn't work for me either. :hmm:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Yes it’s supposed to work that way, subscribers can send 10 gift links a month to share articles.

It’s also weird because usually sending a link directly to the PDF file on the public domain dated articles has worked in the past even without the gift link. I have the PDF downloaded so I can email it or put it on a google drive. But it’s nice to have the text link for the eventual listeners as well.

I hope NYT didn’t mess things up with the older stuff. I LOVE using them for NF and other shorts collections.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

This particular issue happens to be on Internet Archive, here:

https://archive.org/details/sim_new-york-times_1925-11-15_75_24767

Hopefully hat opens to the correct page but if not, it’s on page 140, right page, rightmost article. It’s not as easily read as the pdf I have is, but it’s there, and available for the text link for the catalog.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

msfry

Post by msfry »

Yes, it opens to Page 140, and I;ve linked to in in the MW.

If you send a NYT link and the person does not open it, it ought not count against your 10. That would sort of defeat NYT's purpose of spreading the word about themselves and getting new subscribers. But I've been wrong about good business practices before, and could be on this as well. :?