[NOVEL] The Kellys and the O'Kellys by Anthony Trollope - rap

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Angel5

Post by Angel5 »

The Kellys and the O'Kellys, by Anthony Trollope (1815 - 1882)
This is the second of Trollope's four Irish novels: A complicated, funny and touching story about family, neighbors and tenants, debt, jealousy and attempted murder in rural County Roscommon. (Summary by Angela Rowland)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4917

Target completion date: 2024-08-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: Humorous Fiction; Romance; Family Life; Literary Fiction
Keywords that describe the book: comedy, romance, alcoholism, rural life, jealousy, debt

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of The Kellys and the O'Kellys. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Kellys and the O'Kellys, by Anthony Trollope. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of The Kellys and the O'Kellys, by Anthony Trollope. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, say in addition:
"End of The Kellys and the O'Kellys, by Anthony Trollope."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: kellysandokellys_##_trollope_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. kellysandokellys_01_trollope_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Angie! Welcome back! Let me MC this project for you, I'll go set you up with a Magic Window.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window is in place. Here's a guide to the MW if you need a reminder: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

I'll be around if you have any trouble accessing the MW.
Angel5

Post by Angel5 »

Wow, thanks! I think it's been about 5 years. I couldn't believe when I discovered this one isn't recorded yet.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'll move us to Going Solo tomorrow, in case a DPL catches us here today. Like you said, Trollope can be popular!
Angel5

Post by Angel5 »

Hi, I'm just checking in because you haven't heard from me. I recorded some chapters but didn't like them, so I started over. I'm still on it, though!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:thumbs:
Angel5

Post by Angel5 »

Okay, here are sections 1 and 2, which I was motivated to finish after reaching out to you! I hope I did everything right. Let me know!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/kellysandokellys_01_trollope_128kb.mp3. 32:10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/kellysandokellys_02_trollope_128kb.mp3 21:35.

-Angie
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Angel5 wrote: August 20th, 2023, 8:10 pm which I was motivated to finish after reaching out to you!
That was the right thing to do then!! :D
Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK and nicely read! All correct :thumbs:
Angel5

Post by Angel5 »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

All great, Angie! 3 and 4 are PL OK!
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Hi both

I’d be happy to DPL if you still need one. Or are you hooked Rapunzelina?
Paul
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Very grateful to sign you up as the DPL! Angie deserves a dedicated proof listener :D
Angel5

Post by Angel5 »

PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Pleasure. Both are PL OK and excellent character accents 👍