COMPLETE Policeman Bluejay by L. Frank Baum - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24581
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert »

Policeman Bluejay, by L. Frank Baum (1856 - 1919)

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/policeman-bluejay-version-2-by-l-frank-baum/
L. Frank Baum, the author of the OZ series, penned these stories and his magic touch shines through. Twinkles and Chubbins (two little children) are lost in the forest and are transformed into birds by an evil sorceress. Neat start, eh? Then their adventures among the birds with Policeman BlueJay are fun and funny. (Summary by phil chenevert)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27951

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:



BC Admin
========================================

========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter) # of Policeman Bluejay. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Policeman Bluejay, by L. Frank Baum. chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Policeman Bluejay, by L. Frank Baum."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: policemanbluejay_##_baum_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. policemanbluejay_01_baum_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
Image
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: philchenevert

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
JHedrick
Posts: 2777
Joined: May 6th, 2021, 7:19 pm
Location: NE Ohio, USA

Post by JHedrick »

Hi Phil,

I would like to claim the first two chapters if I may.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24581
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert »

JHedrick wrote: July 16th, 2023, 11:11 am Hi Phil,

I would like to claim the first two chapters if I may.
Yes you may. All yours.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
loon
Posts: 2880
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon »

I'll be happy to DPL, if you wish.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24581
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert »

loon wrote: July 16th, 2023, 2:15 pm I'll be happy to DPL, if you wish.
Thank you Rich. Much appreciated. :thumbs:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Khushi18
Posts: 4
Joined: July 11th, 2023, 10:18 pm

Post by Khushi18 »

Hi Phil,
Can I claim chapter 4 and 5.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24581
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert »

Khushi18 wrote: July 16th, 2023, 3:52 pm Hi Phil,
Can I claim chapter 4 and 5.
Hey, welome to Librivox and to his project. You may have 4 and 5. Please ask if anything is confusing or just strange. Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

And how would you like to be credited in our catalog? What name? most of us use our real name but it is up to you. This can be the same as your forum name, (Khushi18) or anything else. This might be what you say at the start "read by ......" so people will be able to find your recordings.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Khushi18
Posts: 4
Joined: July 11th, 2023, 10:18 pm

Post by Khushi18 »

Let it be Read by "Khushi"
JHedrick
Posts: 2777
Joined: May 6th, 2021, 7:19 pm
Location: NE Ohio, USA

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24581
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert »

Thanks Jim. :D
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
LeeVogler
Posts: 327
Joined: January 5th, 2022, 8:54 am

Post by LeeVogler »

May I have Chapter 13, The King Bird?
loon
Posts: 2880
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon »

Chapter 1
At ~3:50 I hear "slightly swaying in its leaves." The text reads "slightly swaying its leaves." Close enough, I say.
All else is fine. PL OK.

Chapter 2
PL OK as well.
Phil, I've changed the title of chapter 2 from Policemen Bluejay to The Forest Guardian. The Magic Window now matches the title Jim read from the chapter.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
JHedrick
Posts: 2777
Joined: May 6th, 2021, 7:19 pm
Location: NE Ohio, USA

Post by JHedrick »

loon wrote: July 25th, 2023, 3:20 pm Chapter 1
At ~3:50 I hear "slightly swaying in its leaves." The text reads "slightly swaying its leaves." Close enough, I say.
All else is fine. PL OK.

Chapter 2
PL OK as well.
Phil, I've changed the title of chapter 2 from Policemen Bluejay to The Forest Guardian. The Magic Window now matches the title Jim read from the chapter.
Thanks, Loon.

I was able to just clip that problem in chapter 1 and have re-uploaded.

I see the issue with chapter 2: the index has Policeman while the chapter itself has Guardian. Silly of me to assume that that were the same. 8-)
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
loon
Posts: 2880
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon »

JHedrick wrote: July 25th, 2023, 3:41 pm I was able to just clip that problem in chapter 1 and have re-uploaded.

I see the issue with chapter 2: the index has Policeman while the chapter itself has Guardian. Silly of me to assume that that were the same.
Spot PL OK on chapter 1.

L. Frank Baum cranked out so many books it isn't surprising that little things like variable chapter titles slipped through the editing process. Reading the words right there at the top of the chapter - as you did - seems like the right thing to do!

Phil, is this fine with you?

We're off with a lovely start to this adventure.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
loon
Posts: 2880
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon »

P.S.
Looking at the pictures along with the Gutenberg text makes me wonder about the aerodynamics of straw hats on larks. At least Twinkle's sunbonnet has strings to hold it in place.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Post Reply