FULL [DR] The Watsons, by Austen and Oulton - loa

Plays and other dramatic works
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

DrSpoke wrote: September 18th, 2023, 1:45 pm
brownrottger wrote: September 18th, 2023, 9:11 am
Hello DrSpoke and Salvationist, In listening to a different character, I noticed a line which was incorrectly highlighted. Thus, I must take back my PL ok on Lady Osborne Chapter 7.
Please add at 1:38 "I believe I am the better judge—and it is not a question of her conduct, but of mine."
Best,
christine
Thank you Christine, I'll record the missing line and upload chapter 7 asap!
Thank you!
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Sorry for my coding error, Christine and Claudia! I’m glad you caught it.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/watsons_ladyosborne_07.mp3
uploaded again, with the last lines of lady Osborne, thanks
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

DrSpoke wrote: September 19th, 2023, 5:41 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/watsons_ladyosborne_07.mp3
uploaded again, with the last lines of lady Osborne, thanks
Hi, This file, I think, is not the edited version? It doesn't contain the extra line at the end.
Best,
Christine
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

Maybe it's one of those cases that require clear/refresh actions?
I tried listening to the file by clicking, from my phone, before log in, and it does have the last bit.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

DrSpoke wrote: September 21st, 2023, 12:16 am Maybe it's one of those cases that require clear/refresh actions?
I tried listening to the file by clicking, from my phone, before log in, and it does have the last bit.
I have had that happen before where I needed to refresh the page. However, this time I shut down my whole laptop and started it again. The file above and in the MW is 1:38 and ends with the word "impertinent". :hmm: Maybe Salvationist can chime in.
Best,
Christine
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

brownrottger wrote: September 21st, 2023, 5:19 am
DrSpoke wrote: September 21st, 2023, 12:16 am Maybe it's one of those cases that require clear/refresh actions?
I have had that happen before where I needed to refresh the page. However, this time I shut down my whole laptop and started it again. The file above and in the MW is 1:38 and ends with the word "impertinent". :hmm: Maybe Salvationist can chime in.
Best,
Christine
Yes, let's see what happens when the link is clicked from software that has never touched the file before. Or I could upload it again with a different name which could be edited over there?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

One other issue I've seen on rare occasion:
Sometimes when you're uploading a replacement for a file that already exists, the uploader tells you that everything is fine... but it just leaves the old version in place. Uploading with a different name, or just uploading again with the same name, usually takes care of it.

While we certainly need the file lengths for the finished chapters, it can also be quite useful in spotting this issue with individual files. :wink:
On the go this weekend! Will catch up Monday if I'm not able to do things on mobile. :wink:
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

redrun wrote: September 21st, 2023, 8:53 am One other issue I've seen on rare occasion:
Sometimes when you're uploading a replacement for a file that already exists, the uploader tells you that everything is fine... but it just leaves the old version in place. Uploading with a different name, or just uploading again with the same name, usually takes care of it.

While we certainly need the file lengths for the finished chapters, it can also be quite useful in spotting this issue with individual files. :wink:
I still don't understand why I can hear the new, longer version when clicking on the link, and not with the computer used to produce and upload the file. Basically, the new file is on librivox.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Ah, that certainly isn't my 'uploader' issue, then. Back to the first theory.
What I do when I encounter this as PL (if refreshing or restarting are insufficient) is to try with a different browser. Most people use Chrome, but Microsoft Edge is also included with Windows. Another thing to try would be 'Incognito Mode', which makes your browser temporarily forget about any files it has seen before. It's easier than clearing the cache, and its other side effects are temporary.
On the go this weekend! Will catch up Monday if I'm not able to do things on mobile. :wink:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

redrun wrote: September 21st, 2023, 9:41 am Ah, that certainly isn't my 'uploader' issue, then. Back to the first theory.
What I do when I encounter this as PL (if refreshing or restarting are insufficient) is to try with a different browser. Most people use Chrome, but Microsoft Edge is also included with Windows. Another thing to try would be 'Incognito Mode', which makes your browser temporarily forget about any files it has seen before. It's easier than clearing the cache, and its other side effects are temporary.
Ok I will do that right now.
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: September 21st, 2023, 11:31 am
redrun wrote: September 21st, 2023, 9:41 am Ah, that certainly isn't my 'uploader' issue, then. Back to the first theory.
Christine
I was on Firefox so I tried it on Google Chrome and I am still not getting the edited version. redrun did you open it and hear "I believe I am the better judge—and it is not a question of her conduct, but of mine." as the last line?
Thanks for your help,
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: September 21st, 2023, 11:36 am
brownrottger wrote: September 21st, 2023, 11:31 am
Christine
I was on Firefox so I tried it on Google Chrome and I am still not getting the edited version. redrun did you open it and hear "I believe I am the better judge—and it is not a question of her conduct, but of mine." as the last line?
Thanks for your help,
Christine
Ok. Problem solved and a lesson for me. My issue is that when this arises I have to click "Clear History" Sorry for the run around DrSpoke.
Lady Osborne Chapter 7 is now PL ok.
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

brownrottger wrote: September 21st, 2023, 11:40 am
Ok. Problem solved and a lesson for me. My issue is that when this arises I have to click "Clear History" Sorry for the run around DrSpoke.
Lady Osborne Chapter 7 is now PL ok.
Great! No worries, and thank you for spotting the wrong attribution of those lines, I obviously hadn't noticed..

And thank you Redrun for your help.