COMPLETE: The Haunted Ship by Kate Marion Tucker -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »

The Haunted Ship, by Kate Marion Tucker (1890 - )

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-haunted-ship-by-kate-marion-tucker/

Summer adventures on the Coast of Maine. (Summary by Carrie Gorman)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/50794

Target completion date: 2023-09-15

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Family; Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure

Keywords that describe the book: ships, family, summer, maine, lobsters

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Haunted Ship. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Haunted Ship, by Kate Marion Tucker. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Haunted Ship, by Kate Marion Tucker. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Haunted Ship, by Kate Marion Tucker."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: hauntedship_##_tucker_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. hauntedship_01_tucker_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: knotyouraveragejo

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Carrie. I'll set this up for you. MW coming up...
Jo
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

I can DPL for you.
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Welcome to the project, Jim.
Jo
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: July 12th, 2023, 8:11 am Welcome to the project, Jim.

Glad to be here. I was a little surprised at the 1929 copyright, but there is no doubt that it is PD.
Jim in Ohio

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

We trust PG which says it's public domain in the U.S. Probably a case of non-renewal of copyright.
Jo
carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »

I don't know if this plays into it at all but it isn't a very well known book from what I can tell. I couldn't find any information on it anywhere, or on the author. Maybe no one cared to renew it, or it was just forgotten. Hopefully someone will care about it once I read it to them!

Thanks, both of you.
carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »

First section complete and posted to magic window!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hauntedship_01_tucker_128kb.mp3
17:22.5
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

carriebgorman wrote: July 31st, 2023, 11:00 am First section complete and posted to magic window!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hauntedship_01_tucker_128kb.mp3
17:22.5
Nice job!

The section its self is okay, but there is one small technical item that requires some attention. The opening silence should be between 1/2 and 1 second in length: yours was around 2 seconds.

As an aside, times need be only in MM:SS form, so the partial seconds are not needed i.e.: 17:22.

If you will just trim that opening silence and then reupload using the same filename, everything should be good. Do not forget to drop a note in the forum when you are done so I can spot check it.

I am looking forward top the next chapter :)
Jim in Ohio

carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »

Thank you! I fixed the beginning of chapter 1 and reuploaded so it is ready for Spot PL. I appreciate you!

Also have uploaded chapter 2, https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hauntedship_01_tucker_128kb.mp3, it is 17:33. I've wondered if the partial seconds were needed so you answered that for me, thanks!
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

That's the ticket!

Both chapters are PL Okay!
Jim in Ohio

carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

carriebgorman wrote: August 14th, 2023, 6:57 pm Section 3 ready for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hauntedship_03_tucker_128kb.mp3
16:28
Good job, Carrie.
Jim in Ohio

carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »

Hello! I am sorry I have been quiet for a while. Let's say my life has been a bit like a country song - my dog of 18 years died, I got burned (2nd degree, nothing major but ouch!) while making cookies which limited my ability to use the computer for a while (it was right on my arm where it rested while using the mouse), I have a huge deadline for work, and a few other things. All that's missing is someone stealing my truck! lol

Anyway, I think I said I would be complete this month. I will not. I was hoping to get this published by mid-October in time for Halloween, and that might still work. But I will keep you informed if it doesn't.

Thank you!
carriebgorman

Post by carriebgorman »